SAU Community

Scratches On R34 Dashboard

w34ponGT

hey guys just wondering whats best way of filling the dash of a 34 where there is light scratches, when i pulled stereo out (with towels) it slipped and made a few scratches

is there any fillers just to make them black? there not very deep just annoying now

what about texta, shoe polish?

cheers

i will in a few days. its not bad but its defintly noticeable, apparently theres a product car yards use to cover all dash/interior imperfections. im just after a filler to dull the scratches thats all

its not worth going dash doctor though

anyone got a DIY ?

No good fix exist

Black shoe polish and a rag is the best way , you wont find a good dash in australia unless its packing a stock radio no freq expander

The monkey who puts in the expander farks the dash

Recover the lower dash in suede 30 bucks and some time cussing

Edited by Carbon 34

i was going so slow and gentle but the design of a 34 dash is absolute bullsh*t excuse the french , barely any slack in cables and 400 plugs , gearknobs in way sitting a bucket seat

WOW

i was going so slow and gentle but the design of a 34 dash is absolute bullsh*t excuse the french , barely any slack in cables and 400 plugs , gearknobs in way sitting a bucket seat

I agree!! I also have the same problem with scratches (not too deep, but annoying they're there) whilst i was pulling the dash out to change head unit, do some wiring work, replacing cluster bulbs etc. It's like the head unit is forced to hang on the wires and rest up against/rub up against the dash material and scratch it. Even with towels there, i find it was hard to work with lol, got in the way a lot of the time.

So a rag and shoe polish is the best option there is?

I agree!! I also have the same problem with scratches (not too deep, but annoying they're there) whilst i was pulling the dash out to change head unit, do some wiring work, replacing cluster bulbs etc. It's like the head unit is forced to hang on the wires and rest up against/rub up against the dash material and scratch it. Even with towels there, i find it was hard to work with lol, got in the way a lot of the time.

So a rag and shoe polish is the best option there is?

il give it a shot and post before and after pics, im waiting on climate control globes from 666dan

the globes just automatically started flickering im like -_- okkkkkk lets pull it out again fml

il give it a shot and post before and after pics, im waiting on climate control globes from 666dan

the globes just automatically started flickering im like -_- okkkkkk lets pull it out again fml

LOL exactly the way i feel when i have to open it up again. One of my globes flickered too, had to pull the legs out a little to have more contact and stay put.

Di noc would be an option but unless your spray glue it on its not going to hold long term

Even with adhesion promoter

The silicone / plastic oils leaches out from past vinyl protection and it falls off

Plus that much wrap is around 100 bucks and some of the curves inner and outter as it comes onto the dash and under steering wheel you would be lucky to get a wrap to make the bend without excessive heat stretch shine

You can do it in real carbon but it would look odd depmding If you had carbon center section ?

The side by your clutch leg rubs so the material must hold up without dying from rubbing

(You wont see it on stock unless you put your head down near it )

plus once you do the wrap your going to want to match all the panels ?? wraps are not the best option

The shoe polish trick works on all but the most screwed dash , if it has slice marks from the cage be sure to use care not to drag off the sliver of vinyl . Make sure you wipe the polish off good so it doesnt get on your clothes !!

the radios must be removed with rags blue taped to dash secure and gear stick knob off is best

Placed in second gear too

the cage is like a dull razor and wires too short the first go round

Edited by Carbon 34

Dash use this after clear water on a microfiber cloth

http://www.meguiars.com.au/products/car-care/glass-clear-plastic-and-exterior-trim/ultimate-protectant/

Let it sit on dried out plastic after buffing a min

Apply twice if its streaky

The plastics absorb weird if they havent been detailed in a while

Plastic gauge bezels - plastics polish from megs or mothers

Glass use above or eagle brand in shade

Always use microfiber cloths and wash Without fab softener or it will streak forever

Cloth use bissel spot cleansr for couches ( same stuff pros use and megs products )

The megs airfreshener works without stink

Carpets replace or steam clean and dry outside with windows open till 100% dry

followed by scotchgaurd on seats and flloors , door inserts , but painter tape off the door plastics first

Leather Steering wheels use saddle soap followed by the clear waterproof or black boot polish then buff off well

• 2 months later...

hey Mike i used the black shoe polish it was pretty good, make sure you get a good chunk of the polish on your cloth and just lightly rub it over the scratches and all around it too, looks nice, doesn't smell too bad either (ahhahaah)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...