SAU Community

Custom Er34 / Bnr34 Hid Headlights

EvoXenoN

One other question... In the final pic of the headlight finished, is there still the plastic/glass cover to go over there? To me it looks like it wouldnt fit but not to sure.

Keep up the good work anyway, nice to see people doing such good jobs at modding OEM parts

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^ I'll take the pix brothaa... The ones you took aren't good enough for my standard.. Haha

Callan: I didn't put the clear lense on coz it was do yellow that you wouldn't see through it.. Trust me, everything fits!! Shinobi's them on his car for the last 2 days.. Although I don't have pix yet I bet the output is 10 times better..

For the rest of the crew:

I'm not a vendor on here so don't get me into shit.. If you wanna know price PM shinobi and he can give details. I won't answer any posts about $$$..

^^ I'll take the pix brothaa... The ones you took aren't good enough for my standard.. Haha

Callan: I didn't put the clear lense on coz it was do yellow that you wouldn't see through it.. Trust me, everything fits!! Shinobi's them on his car for the last 2 days.. Although I don't have pix yet I bet the output is 10 times better..

For the rest of the crew:

I'm not a vendor on here so don't get me into shit.. If you wanna know price PM shinobi and he can give details. I won't answer any posts about $$$..

Non $ related question. How long does it take to make a headlight say for example like the R34 one? :)

^^ At this stage NO.. S3's for now

Look forward to seeing these, and will also put my name down for S2 R33 GTST lights as well if you decide to do them :)

Had a bit of a look at your evo lights, those and r34 lights are far better then most I see getting around

Steve - that's some epic stuff there. I was debating attempting something like this but had no idea if I could find someone adept at doing it - think that solves that problem :P

Will be eager to see how these look mounted up. Got them working with any tilt sensors or just aligned/calibrated once?

^^ the TSX projectors were mounted straight onto the OEM reflector and were adjusted via the factory adjustment points. No sensors were used.. I'm good but not that good..

Have a go at your own HLs... I'll give you much help as you need.. You just give me certain pix of your HLs pulled apart and I can guide you from there..

Callam: This particular HL took me about 4 days to build (on and off mucking around).. They're we're my first R34 set so I was learning the dynamics.. If I had a 2nd crack at it I reckon 1.5 full days... If I used a smaller projector like a Morimoto Mini H1 I could probably do it in one full day (less dremeling required).... Won't perform quite as good as a TSX unit but will still give you WOW factor over OEM...

f**k yeah that looks awesome

+1

I think I liked the lights with the silver outline around the lights, but still they look very cool all black.

You may have alot of people here annoying you about lights now :P

I'd like to give it a go, but I'm afraid it would either look dodgy or I'd ruin a set of head lights. Nearly bought a cheap set a while ago but the creative side of my mind is pretty average :P

There's a dude in the UK that modified his S1 headlights... Looks very OEM! If it were my HLs I would have blacked out the E46 shroud... I hate chrome!!

S1 and S2 headlights can be had cheap if you keep monitoring Yahoo Japan / Import Monster

I just picked up a set of R34 HID set for $550 shipped. Waiting for shipment from Japan..

Callam, this is all you need for your set:

* RHD Morimoto Mini H1's. Small projector will mean less dremeling to fit

* E46 Shrouds 

* H1 HID kit

* Low beam adapters + High beam splitters

* JB Weld

Buy a 2nd set of HLs and I'll guide you step by step via txt / email..

I've done it before with 2 guys from the US..

^^ the balls in your court.....

I have an engine to finish, but after thats project is done I might just have a go at it :)

I'd cut mine up but they are only 5 years old and in to good condition lol

I have some links now at least. gives me a chance to look into it

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

There's a dude in the UK that modified his S1 headlights... Looks very OEM! If it were my HLs I would have blacked out the E46 shroud... I hate chrome!!

S1 and S2 headlights can be had cheap if you keep monitoring Yahoo Japan / Import Monster

I just picked up a set of R34 HID set for $550 shipped. Waiting for shipment from Japan..

Callam, this is all you need for your set:

* RHD Morimoto Mini H1's. Small projector will mean less dremeling to fit

* E46 Shrouds

* H1 HID kit

* Low beam adapters + High beam splitters

* JB Weld

Buy a 2nd set of HLs and I'll guide you step by step via txt / email..

I've done it before with 2 guys from the US..

^^ the balls in your court.....

Hi headlight guru.

I am looking to do this to my r32 gtst skyline later on during the year and was wondering if I could ask you a few questions.

Would i get the same stuff or would I need some specific items?

I want to make it dual high beam and low beam if possible.

also would getting the kit from that website be better?

any help or recommendations is greatly appreciated.

Thanks