SAU Community

Wta 2013 Discussion

GTR32G

Had larger pan with baffles and accumulator prior but had oil surge in 2 corners so updating to a dry sump set up that the guys are making up. I believe my bar is a trust copy from carmods Australia, gives good room to put oil coolers behind the bar. some good bars to choose from on your link, I liked em. Send me a pm when your headed back out to the island good to see your car in action.

Yeah I'm hoping an accumulator will fix my probs.

I know what I would do if my car was a dedicate track car and not a club car :) It would be awesome :)

Do tell!

Had larger pan with baffles and accumulator prior but had oil surge in 2 corners so updating to a dry sump set up that the guys are making up. I believe my bar is a trust copy from carmods Australia, gives good room to put oil coolers behind the bar. some good bars to choose from on your link, I liked em. Send me a pm when your headed back out to the island good to see your car in action.

Oil surge, dry sump needed!

I remember i had issues under severe braking with my wet sump plus accumulator setup. The accumulator slightly fixed the problem but stil, thel pressures were concerning eg 15psi at 5000rpm on down shift...... although the motor never spun a bearing I don't think it's worth chancing a expensive motor. ... dry sump has proved to be the solution :P

1:30s at Ec won it with a sequential shifted box.... I take it you will be doing the same Steve?

Any comments on 30vs35 series tyres? I'm thinking 35s for more feedback?

Memo is competing again, not sure on what some new teams are bringing here as yet but if tilton can get their car running right for once I reckon they can win.

To be getting aero done by voltex is the bomb... fingers crossed things go well as this car still looks like a evo lol

Can't wait for team America!!!!!! Hopefully it doesn't go to china again!!!

• Like 1

Nooooo Russ..... loved following your progress through the high and lows over the years ;)

Richo, make sure you kick my mates supra from gorilla industries :P

haha f**k you, you yellow cnut!

Ill be back, but just for fun, nothing has changed. Cant let a stock ECR33 Beat me again this year :P

Think the Vader Supra will be back also.

Just FYI, in RWD Clubsprint, BYP are buidling an S2000, so they are one to keep an eye on too...always got something up their sleeves.

Other than that, I have no idea who else is competing. A mate is Building a Lexus ISF for Opens, pretty awesome build, and Tanaguchi has alread been booked to drive it

20130524_171745_zps4029f7e0.jpg

lol :whistling:

Yeh, BYP's S2000 will be mega fast for sure, though that chassis limits the amount of tyre you can put up front. I doubt very much they can fit a 265 on the front with the guards. I've spoken to Ian a couple of times regarding the guards and they are pretty steadfast on 'rolling' and not 'flaring' and that the top 1/3 must be within the body. As I wanted to run a 10.5" rim, but that wasn't going to fit without flaring the guard. So it will be interesting to see what they come up with.

I'd imagine there are a couple of workshop 86/BRZ with forced induction coming along?

Vader are going to have to do heaps to their car to meet this year regs, that should be interesting!

- wing too high

- front & rear guards flared

- front splitter too long

- side-skirts too low

Good luck to them, bashing the rear guard back into standard body line is going to be painful.

To be getting aero done by voltex is the bomb... fingers crossed things go well as this car still looks like a evo lol

Can't wait for team America!!!!!! Hopefully it doesn't go to china again!!!

Yeah I'd love to see Tilton beat Nemo. Nemo to me is just a rich kid with too much money choosing to dominate the progression of aero in time attack.

although the motor never spun a bearing I don't think it's worth chancing a expensive motor. ... dry sump has proved to be the solution :P

lucky my engine is only a $1000 engine from nissan! Dry sumps really cost a lot. I might give the accumulator a go as it's relatively cheap.

I remember i had issues under severe braking with my wet sump plus accumulator setup. The accumulator slightly fixed the problem but stil, thel pressures were concerning eg 15psi at 5000rpm on down shift...... although the motor never spun a bearing I don't think it's worth chancing a expensive motor. ... dry sump has proved to be the solution :P

1:30s at Ec won it with a sequential shifted box.... I take it you will be doing the same Steve?

Any comments on 30vs35 series tyres? I'm thinking 35s for more feedback?

Agree totally, dry sump is the way to go and save that engine if you can. That evo that one with paddle sequential was super quick with a gun driver at the wheel, budget doesn't allow for a sequential box so the ppg dogbox with a motec shift cut is what will stay, not as fast as the sequential but I have always loved shifting with the h pattern box(makes me feel like I'm a race car driver lol). Hear your going hollinger, awesome.

Tyres trying 35's first, not sure till both are tried, anyone else used one or the other jump in?

Yeah I'd love to see Tilton beat Nemo. Nemo to me is just a rich kid with too much money choosing to dominate the progression of aero in time attack.

They sure have dominated, but I'm thankful that they have as its pushed the quality and development to another level not seen before which is great for me anyhow. I have learnt so much in regards to aero since these aerodynamicists have been involved and my lap times have dropped big time. I think it's great that they have different classes for all, I love club sprint class...you rock up and drive the hell out of it then drive home, that's how I first started and was so much cheaper and got to be honest....a lot more fun more often.

lucky my engine is only a $1000 engine from nissan! Dry sumps really cost a lot. I might give the accumulator a go as it's relatively cheap.

. Accumulator will help, better to have than not at all.

Tilton is more of what I'd class as a time attack car. Still very much looks like an Evo on the outside.

At the end of the day everyone is going to present cars to the limit of the rules, NEMO went right to the edge of the rule book. Good on them.

If I had the cash and resource I'd have done the same thing. Why not, it's about being the fastest within the rules. Look at those crazy carbon R35's from a couple of years back.

Russ did you see this?

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/365583-dry-sumps-and-you/?p=6734475

Tilton is more of what I'd class as a time attack car. Still very much looks like an Evo on the outside.

At the end of the day everyone is going to present cars to the limit of the rules, NEMO went right to the edge of the rule book. Good on them.

If I had the cash and resource I'd have done the same thing. Why not, it's about being the fastest within the rules. Look at those crazy carbon R35's from a couple of years back.

Russ did you see this?

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/365583-dry-sumps-and-you/?p=6734475

Agree totally, dry sump is the way to go and save that engine if you can. That evo that one with paddle sequential was super quick with a gun driver at the wheel, budget doesn't allow for a sequential box so the ppg dogbox with a motec shift cut is what will stay, not as fast as the sequential but I have always loved shifting with the h pattern box(makes me feel like I'm a race car driver lol). Hear your going hollinger, awesome.

Tyres trying 35's first, not sure till both are tried, anyone else used one or the other jump in?

Any idea how the shift cut works on the ppg/motec? I was advised that unless you invested in a strain gauge type shifter, ur highly likely to round off the gears... Is this what possibly happened to the ex bsm Gtr at Phillip island with 3rd failing?

Those semi dry sump kits look mint...Brighty runs it on the race 33gtst with great success is what I've been informed... I'm pretty sure Brad likes to keep the sump as close to stock as possible internally, as this was also the case in my full system.

Love your attention to detail re the rules Richo.... You've already psyched out your competition lol

Any idea how the shift cut works on the ppg/motec? I was advised that unless you invested in a strain gauge type shifter, ur highly likely to round off the gears... Is this what possibly happened to the ex bsm Gtr at Phillip island with 3rd failing?

We have been using a Motorsport systems strain gauge. I flat shift 3rd to 4th and clutch other gears, not sure how dean our driver does it, I'm still learning so I was advised to only flat change 3rd to 4th. I messgaed Ex bsm to find out what happened few days ago but no response as yet.

did any of you happen to notice Mik Sigworth'sefforts at the last qr time attack.

An owner driver with a car that doesnt look like its made from left over sputnik space junk literally obliterated nemo's bench mark on the sprint track.

50.3 seconds is around 1.5 seconds faster than nemo, Admittedly nemo had a pro shoe at superlap but Sigworth is driving in open class not pro.

Good luck to anyone trying to beat that team at the worlds.

did any of you happen to notice Mik Sigworth'sefforts at the last qr time attack.

An owner driver with a car that doesnt look like its made from left over sputnik space junk literally obliterated nemo's bench mark on the sprint track.

50.3 seconds is around 1.5 seconds faster than nemo, Admittedly nemo had a pro shoe at superlap but Sigworth is driving in open class not pro.

Good luck to anyone trying to beat that team at the worlds.

Micks car is a great car and a credit to him, particularly considering the rumour of the 7 figure sum that has been spent on it.

Couple of things though. Micks car is in Pro-Am not open.

http://www.worldtimeattack.com/index.php/pro-am-class-precision-maintenance-evo-9/

It also did its 50.3 on full slicks and thats still about 1.6 seconds off the V8 supercar times.

Nemo I dont believe has actually ever run in anger on the Sprint Track or Clubman, they only ever run on the National track and I believe at a practice session in November it set a 1.10.4 with the non pro and a 1.07.18 with a pro driver on the national.

Also i heard that Precision was doing practise this Wednesday at SMP and was 5+ seconds slower than nemo's record time.

There is still 4 months to go and Nemo I guess hasnt been seen on the track in awhile. So good luck to them both.

• Like 2

Sure is a pro-am class, has heaps more aero on it. Still is super quick though. Last year open class cars were allowed to run full length flat floors which make a huge difference to grip and lap times. Those open class cars last year with the flat floors would not achieve the same times today if everything else was unchanged.