SAU Community

Wta 2013 Discussion

GTR32G

That front splitter interpretation did my head in, I emailed and spoke to Ian regarding this, and the response was basically what the rule says it is. So I was still confused as this wasn't an answer, so I emailed Scott beeton as he helped write the rules and this was his response back 27th April, 1.5 version rules.

I've shot an email through to Ian outlining your concerns.

As far as the front splitter length is concerned, I've asked for clarification, but it says that the profile must follow the outline of the front bar, but may extend 150mm longitudinally forward, so this allows for ONLY 150mm forward at any given point in the direction of travel of the vehicle. Where you get to the point that the vehicle front ends, ie, the side of the car, I would imagine that you cannot then go any further forward as you go out to the side.

Anyway, I'll chat with Ian and see if I can put together a document to clarify all of this.

Best regards,

Scott Beeton

Short story, its still open to interpretation so I reckon this year either way will be allowed, just in case we only went forward only.

John I reckon you will be ecstatic when the time comes.

• 2 weeks later...

Yep I'm going to Winton.

Want to get to Wakefield and mix it up with the NSW guys as well. But time and money won't allow that.

Will be there is a 70% done WTAC car :ph34r:

Would anyone know or like to take a guess at the weight of the autotech sti and Jason harts wrx's? , earlier evo's and Rex's are so much lighter than gtr's.

Edited by stevena

Speaking to my tuner, he said don't worry about there weights as there motors are like hand grenades at the power levels their running.... worst then rb's :P

The engine builder who said that obviously does not know how to build EJ's

I wouldn't get too worried about those inferior engines Steve. A well built stroked RB is another level compare to those engines with their happy peak dyno numbers ;)

Hey dan not worried, I was thinking about buying one as a track car already complete, if these guys can get them down to 1050ish on 350 reliable kw then that would be fantastic, 450 is another level, I had a 2000 model wrx and loved it, but was only a street car. Love the gtr and I wouldn't sell it ever, but if you guys had a choice knowing what you know now what car would you get for a circuit car?