SAU Community

Wta 2013 Discussion

GTR32G

We have been using a Motorsport systems strain gauge. I flat shift 3rd to 4th and clutch other gears, not sure how dean our driver does it, I'm still learning so I was advised to only flat change 3rd to 4th. I messgaed Ex bsm to find out what happened few days ago but no response as yet.

This was the recommended and only way ;) now Incorporate the ikeya shifter somehow!!! :P

Shared a garage with the sigworth car last year at wtac.. certainly not your regular backyard crew.. Was very well oiled and everyone seemed to have a place,... Times improved every session but testing was lacking from what I could see... Didn't realise how quick the QR times were... Pro Am seems to be the right class! (Phew) :)

Probably be free for those guys

Looks awesome the car list so far

Throw a time attack car in for a laugh

Set of AD08s coming next week for some random testing in the weeks to come

Probably be free for those guys

Looks awesome the car list so far

Throw a time attack car in for a laugh

Set of AD08s coming next week for some random testing in the weeks to come

Did you pick up the tires locally with the wtac deal?

Where u testing? Should tee something up when I'm ready !

Did you pick up the tires locally with the wtac deal?

Where u testing? Should tee something up when I'm ready !

Nah no info on the deal but I shopped around and found a place which had stock, and only set me back $375 a tyre!! So well under the price Yokohama have on their website

Probably go Wakefield for a day then get out to EC when the tuner has his Evo ready and his pro driver gives me tips hahaha

If anyone is interested there is a set of 265/35/18 AD08s for sale brand new for $1500

Same guy i went to get mine today

If you are interested give Tyres & More Wetherill Park a call

He has one set left and there is not alot of stock in sydney nearly 0!!

For a reference point as I'm not familiar with the track, what kind of lap times would the pro class drivers of last year do, ie mark berry gtr 34, or even his 32 and other drivers?

I noticed the byp integra is up there's with em, is the circuit more like Winton? As in better suited to light weight cars that handle than overall power if you get what I mean.

That front diff and transfer case Richo put in is doing the job :)

I think I need to have a long chat over a few bevo's about setup...... your obviously doing something right! (I might need to bin my front diff setup lol)

That front diff and transfer case Richo put in is doing the job :)

ah noooooooew.

We ran out of fuel!!! Ended up with a 1.04.9. Had a low 1.04 in it, but wasn't to be.

Huge challenge even to make the event. The old man and my brother put in a big effort.

In the weekends leading up to it we dropped a heap of weight, did heaps of maintenance to suspension bits, changed the diff (mine is broken, no time to fix), borrowing brake pads on Monday night (i was working in sydney tues-fri) and in the days before get a wheel alignment and new tyres (on Friday).

At a track I'd been too once before, with tyres I'd never run before (z222 285/35), with no ABS (borrowed diff was a non ABS unit) we ended up 4th in Club, so very close to 3rd.

Amazing work as always Richo!

Can you comment on the z222 vs AO50s for grip, wear etc?

Out of interest outside of the Berry R32 and R34 last year, what other GTRs got around the 1:34-35 mark ?