SAU Community

M35 Electrical Woes

James Hamilton

Hi all,

This is my first post but i have been a long time reader of SAU it has helped me out numerous times.

However i have a problem that no one else has and was seeking guidance on how to go about fixing it.

So in sydney been raining hard for the last couple of days so drive my stag to work all is fine, go to drive home strange things start to happen.

So M35 is having electrical seizers and by that i mean when i turn the engine over the head lights start flashing the tacho bounces from 0 - 7k, the temp gauge goes hot to cold engine lights flash on and off, the indicators work intermittently the window wipers are the same. The car drives fine, seems to shift a bit rough but heres the weird thing everything works normal if you leave the car on battery and dont turn the engine on.

Ok so the things i have tried to fix it

checked codes 0000

reset codes

disconnect the battery and unplug the ECU

checked all the fuses every thing ok

Im not that car savy so if you could point me in the right direction that would be great.

Thanks

Hhahah. Water in The body control module.

In the Rhs of the drivers footwell, there is a hatch to the fuse box. Open her up, and check for moisture. You need to dry it out with a hair dryer of some thing. If it gets a bit damp, weird stuff starts happening. Just ask jetwreck!

if youre in Sydney or Melbourne, there are spare parts available if you need them. stuff may have started corroding, but drying them should get it back.

also check the negative connection on the battery, and connections to the chassis.

when you get some time, take out the BCM and spray some electrical lubricant behind it, stop the exposed wiring and contacts from getting corroded.

good work on drying it out!

im so glad i noticed this thread the other day.... wife woke up to go to work this morning, and same thing.. nothing working, exactly the same symptoms as above..

i do have one additional question... how the heck is water getting into the foot well?

are there any known places and preventatives..as its the wifes car id like this not to happen again if possible.\

really makes to box shift terribly as well.