SAU Community

Pullup Challenge

rev210

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

good job!

however for the comp, you had just a little too much resting hang time on that first attempt at the bottom of the reps. As per the rule.

* No resting at the bottom of the rep,

Your first 2 reps are right in that first video set for form, are what you are after. All the way to the bottom/straight arm stretch. then straight back up ,no hang time.

Resting is way harder, if you want proof, make everyone rest for a count of five at the bottom, see how they go then

From experience it's actually easier to rest in a hang between reps.

As macdog appreciates from his recent experience, a little rest is helpful , There is an opportunity for relaxation of some of the key back muscles at the bottom of the rep.

I can hang for quite some time, almost to the point where I can rest between sets. The muscle fatigue is different, it is mostly your grip and arms. This is a back movement chiefly the way it prescribed.

Agreed, it's like bouncing deadlifts when doing them for reps. You use the elasticity that is stored in the muscle when you don't pause, whereas with the pause you have to generate all the force.

No. You will find done right you are lowering just past the point where the dynamic tension affords much advantage. This 'bouncing' is also noted as 'not allowed' in the rules.

I have no problem if someone believes the rules makes the pullup 'easier'. This belief alone might help you do more.

However, as the rule stands. Pauses are out. If you don't need to pause , don't do it. Then we can count the effort.

I have no problem if someone believes the rules makes the pullup 'easier'. This belief alone might help you do more.

However, as the rule stands. Pauses are out. If you don't need to pause , don't do it. Then we can count the effort.

+1

If the rule benefits you, then why complain about it??? It's not that hard to stick to it. Get some more vids up people...the weekend is over now!

Plus...

I think doing chin ups first thing in the morning is better.

Punched out 15 this morning at 6:30am no rest. dont have a video though. will take one thursday morning!! haha