SAU Community

Big.end.trouble :( Help!

Hi guys any advice appreciated!

Bought car with 170000k's, FMIC'd, cheap turbo, bigger radiator, nistune'd ecu, splitfires, swaybars, 2 way diff etc, drove car for 6months without issue, eventually got a small noise which got worse with time and heat, eventually 'blew up' cruising on highway with abnormally high oil temp, massive internal knocking sort of noise from engine, key off & coast to stop, tow truck, home to cry. Engine will start but it sounds that bad you dont even want to put your head near the engine bay. I believe i've spun a bearing in a rod but am unsure?

This car was not babied and I am not suprised something has broken, just after the best way to go about fixing it.

I've purchased an RB25DE NEO for $1350 from an engine import shop in Brisbane in late January (business name withheld atm), I still have the receipt, and have not removed engine from crate it was delivered on.

I asked for an RB25DET NEO and was sent an RB25DE NEO. I only found out today as i had a mate take delivery. They have a 7 day return policy (it took 4 days to get delivered!) and will not take the engine back as he keeps telling me I asked for a non turbo'd engine. This is a complete lie. All he would do is give me $1250 store credit towards a turbo'd RB25DET NEO (for $3000).

What do you guys suggest i do? Is it possible to unbolt sump off both engines and swap crank, rods and pistons after machining? Or should i fix my engine? What parts exactly will need machining? Whats a natro 25 worth from a private seller?

ALL REPLIES GREATLY APPRECIATED! :)

post-95498-0-30236300-1360572393_thumb.jpg

• 3 months later...

Is it bad form to post on old topics?

Just wanted to get back to sau and say i've successfully put all my turbo gear on the DE and it works really well. Timing had to be pulled and fuel added via nistune due to a knock but otherwise i'm really happy with how its ended up!

I do however still have a small intermitant problem. Randomly sometimes when I stop and idle I get oil smoke out of exhaust, sometimes its a fair bit too and can be fairly embarrassing! Decel in gear seems to make this worse?however sometimes i can compression brake down massive hill and come to a stop and the exhaust is perfectly clear!

Intake side cam cover is the DE one. Is the PCV system different on the DE from the DET? The turbo is new so don't tell me its leaking out the exhaust side!

Thanks for any input guys!