SAU Community

Damaged Chassis Rail

Go see Kelly Bodyworks in Mitchell.

22 Winchcombe Ct, Mitchell ACT 2911.

i was quoted $500 by them as well for putting the car on the chassis rail liner.

I cant say about the parts and labour cost because my car was a repairable write off and i spend alot to get it back on the road.

Edited by 5hiv

I'd still like pics because if it's repairable in NSW, a change of ownership in this same state does not necessitate another inspection. So if your address were Queanbeyan and a workshop there could satisfactorily repair the rail, perhaps you can buy some time? Then you could transfer registration to an ACT car via a workshop blue slip with confidence?

However, if the rail is not repairable, you're going about it the right way albeit exxy.

Go see Kelly Bodyworks in Mitchell.

22 Winchcombe Ct, Mitchell ACT 2911.

i was quoted $500 by them as well for putting the car on the chassis rail liner.

I cant say about the parts and labour cost because my car was a repairable write off and i spend alot to get it back on the road.

That is where I went and have been quoted around $4,000.

I'd still like pics because if it's repairable in NSW, a change of ownership in this same state does not necessitate another inspection. So if your address were Queanbeyan and a workshop there could satisfactorily repair the rail, perhaps you can buy some time? Then you could transfer registration to an ACT car via a workshop blue slip with confidence?

However, if the rail is not repairable, you're going about it the right way albeit exxy.

The guy is still yet to give me an official quote on paper - unofficial was around $4,000. I have explored all options - The chassis is heavily damaged but repairable.

Oh true I thought he just moved here.

My bad! Maybe try a different inspection station or is the damage really noticible

Been here for 2 years or so, just new to the scene. Word on the street is that Kelly Bodyworks is the place to go.

i'd buy a new shell, just a FYI i sold my old r33 shell for 2.5k with no running gear, brakes, suspension, but the body, interior was complete, even has a basic audio system the engine bay had a respray with a Greddy fmic plus a heap of other goody's, i even when to hassle of putting in his suspension, brakes, diff, control arms so it would be rolling, as the poor buyer had his clean stock r33 stolen and torched, if you want any tips or advice feel free to ask as i have done a few r33 and know them inside out.

Edited by Greekos

Is the car worth the money?

Maybe look at stripping and selling it then buying another r33? Cut your losses early

Well, I'm still debating that. Normally, money is not an issue but when work tell you that you need to find new work because we cannot keep you... well... that puts a hold on everything. If I didn't have to look around for work, I would be spending the 4k.

i'd buy a new shell, just a FYI i sold my old r33 shell for 2.5k with no running gear, brakes, suspension, but the body, interior was complete, even has a basic audio system the engine bay had a respray with a Greddy fmic plus a heap of other goody's, i even when to hassle of putting in his suspension, brakes, diff, control arms so it would be rolling, as the poor buyer had his clean stock r33 stolen and torched, if you want any tips or advice feel free to ask as i have done a few r33 and know them inside out.

This is the idea atm, just trying to weigh everything up. Titan has PM'd me and in discussions with him atm. A lot of things to consider atm.

Also, what have you need to do to make sure that the RTA do not pin you up for the conversions? Given it won't be my original shell.

conversion nothing really apart from a heap of work, that was more to do with crashed cars people would buy and the steal the same car and swap numbers... or something along those lines, once you get a shell and have the papers it will be a matter of having the engine number updated on the rego and de-registering your old car, and going through the normal rego process.