SAU Community

V36 Nav And Language Swap - Faq

Yep and all the units have CAN controllers to report if there working or not, and centralized everything in the AV Unit. Unlike the non bose, base units.

Check out the US manual and you can see the sort of complexity your dealing with...

http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/G37/Coupe/2009/AV.pdf

Here's a fun thing to look at. Turn the car on, turn your audio off, press and hold settings button (bottom left, big button) then spin the volume control. Then practice your Japanese, i'll try and get my friend to translate it and put some screen dumps up. Definitely useful if you start splicing stuff into the car and you want to make sure it still works.

It will bring up the diagnostic screen and show you whats connected. I pulled the TV unit out the other day to have a look inside to see what chips were on it, some TV tuner micro chip boards follow a standard plug and play design for the tuner. No luck, recognized half the chips on the mother board, but need to know the pinouts are on the connection, If i had the Japanese manual for the actual car then i could get somewhere,

But does show up clear as day on the diagnostic screen that it is not plugged and simplifies the TV/AUX button so it just goes to AUX and you don't have useless fuzzy TV screen stuff. And there is tons of room in the boot back there to fit something in there...

I've seen lots of posts in the states with guys porting CarPC's in there and using Centrafuse, splicing into the unit either with the reverse cam or GVIF boards and then hooking into the OEM touch screen or adding an overlay over the top.

But yes definitely in the $3k territory plus fitting.

mike lo , are you in vic at all? (and if you are do you deal with me.)

--

the above post is pretty much correct. xanavi (hitachi) are very closed about who has access to FSMs for those units. I have tried several times without success to get info on that unit. at least with the clarion (non nav) I can get info .

Hey Chris,

Interested to know what you think would happen if someone managed to capture a HDD image from a 2009+ NAVI optioned local Murano Z51 Ti, Navara STX-550, 370Z or Pathfinder Ti R51? Do you think the image would even boot?

I assume the buttons would still present a fairly major challenge since they all appear to be in different places.

• 1 month later...

Had a chance to buy this the other day

Nissan Infiniti G37 CONT ASSY-IT MASTER HDD car Navigation 25915 1MA4B 1JG0A 1JA0A US version

The price was less than $400 delivered.

Would it have been any use to us?

Any updates progress to this forum for the navi optioned v36 ?

Buy a brand new, ADM Inifiniti G37 if you want a full English version. There are no complete options and there probably will never be.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just got an email back from them about it,

"Thank you for your enquiry.

We do the conversion ourselves.

Cost is $870 fitted but you would have to get the car to us

We do not source out the work.

Regards"