SAU Community

V36 Nav And Language Swap - Faq

Has anyone figured out how to piggyback the display plug? i.e how is the picture sent to the display? analogue single + /- feed or separate RGB feed or digital multiple (like a HDMI or DVI)?

the infiniti brand wasnt sold here offically with local software until 2012 - are you SURE its a local car you bought?

post pix of the panel and I will tell you.

video on the nav models is digital - it is NOT DVI or HDMI.

• Like 1

I'll upload some photos ASAP. Double checked with the breakers yard and the car was a damaged Infiniti Q60. They weren't sure about the year but said it was at least 2009 as it was 7 speed. They gauranteed it was an AU supplied vehicle.

So will the 2012 Infiniti Q60 set up work in an 09 Skyline?

Very interested to see how this all pans out... Lover the later hi-res screen and the USB inputs in the arm rest as well as posibility of AUS Nav.

Edited by nickcorr

Has the Infiniti logo on the clock so that all looks correct as AUS new G37/Q60 based.

So I guess the AUS spec dash cluster would give all the dashboard messages in English as well?

Hope you can get it all installed without too many hassles.. Fingers crossed for you mate..

I'm impressed, Space-man. How much did you score those bits for?

The one thing that I recall from the FSM (and it's purely off memory) is that upon switching the head unit, you need to reprogram the BCM to accept it, which I'm guessing means one needs to use the Consult scan tool to achieve it. I'm not sure if this means that one would need the Immobiliser card to work alongside the scan tool but at any rate, if you do need to get your hands on one and happen to be in Sydney, I'm happy to help you out as I have the Consult 3+ unit. Granted, a Chinese knock-off, but it works every bit the same as the genuine product and I've had to recalibrate my steering angle sensor with it successfully, once upon a time.

thats later than 2009. 2009 was still analog video locally. that one is digital. that said it could very well be a EU spec car.

can you get the body harness for it still?

you are well and truly in with a shot if you can.

Another thing to keep in mind would be the steering wheel controls as some of the button functions may not match or not have the same order as the Japanese set up. Just a thought.

yes and no. SWC is the same it seems. I use USDM controls for the cruise kits I make. no issue there. now if we are talking center controls - yes those are mapped differently. I got caught on it and learned a $700 mistake the hard way.

Have some photos of the cd/navi etc. I have the complete set of kit including wiring and touch-screen. Looking forward to fitting the system....Feel free to contact me Chris if you're interested in investigating this.

are you local?

Hi guys and sorry about the long gaps between responses. Appreciate everyone's comments and assistance. I paid $750 all up inc postage from a breaker yard and still have the contact details. They may still have the car and could possibly get the body harness...although they wouldn't even take the badges off it for me. They were only interested in selling the BIG bits.

Chris. I'm on The Gold Coast and travel to work most days to Brisbane (on the train).

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys and sorry about the long gaps between responses. Appreciate everyone's comments and assistance. I paid $750 all up inc postage from a breaker yard and still have the contact details. They may still have the car and could possibly get the body harness...although they wouldn't even take the badges off it for me. They were only interested in selling the BIG bits.

Chris. I'm on The Gold Coast and travel to work most days to Brisbane (on the train).

got busy. I did get a chance to look a J60 here in brisbane. looks VERY close.

see if you can get the body harness out of the donor car for your stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

Breakers yard won't pull the body harness for me. If anyone wants the contact details let me know. Maybe if you're close by you can go see them. I have all the connecting plugs and about 10cm of the cables so we can match them to the existing (hopefully). My guy isn't free for a couple of weeks yet so haven't attempted to fit it. I'll keep you posted.