SAU Community

Project: Squat Dodger/no More Curling Like A Bro/get Ankle Better

No Crust Racing

Was a little lighter on the back/legs last night as I've got shed work to do this week.

Still not managing my 8th rep on the bench, though am doing 7 easier and making a point of doing halves a couple halves after that rep to try and build up some more power for 8. The other way would be upping the weight which is usually what I do and after a week or 2 you're doing 7 reps on the final set of the new weight and can do 8 reps on the previous weight easily enough, but I'm not looking to add heaps of bench weight.

Added a little to the chins and made 7 on the final.

Did not plank or row as I knew I had to start digging and my back hasn't been great as it is.

So after a quick 35min session, spent another 90mins doing this, it has to be at least 300 deep.

3m down, another 9m or so to go...

post-23873-0-74218100-1383599710_thumb.jpg

Finished the main trench last night, that was my cardio, sweated my guts out. Took another 2+hrs to do the remaining 7 or so meters. Now just have another 3 or so to go to connect this trench to the main pit.

Fun times. Back is getting a caning. I've made a point of upping my protein shakes and making sure I'm getting enough creatine, I swear I'm recovering from these digs far better than I expected.

post-23873-0-23105600-1383690669_thumb.jpg

That pipe in the trench is to allow water to flow from front to back as that's the low side of the block. Pit up the front and larger pit in the rear that will eventually take overflow from a water tank.

Once that trench is filled in it'll be concreted over and a spoon drain will sit on top so no mowing or maintenance for me.

I could have just relied on the spoon drain to carry water to the pit at the back and not bothered with the pit at the front and the pipe, but given there's a bit of a dip up in the front corner and my apron will be there I didn't want any water saturating that area so made the call to put a pit in and pipe it to the back to pull water away quickly.

Edited by ActionDan

Finished the main trench last night, that was my cardio, sweated my guts out. Took another 2+hrs to do the remaining 7 or so meters. Now just have another 3 or so to go to connect this trench to the main pit.

Fun times. Back is getting a caning. I've made a point of upping my protein shakes and making sure I'm getting enough creatine, I swear I'm recovering from these digs far better than I expected.

IMG_0519.JPG

That's pretty hardcore to be doing on your own!

Surprisingly, the ground is much softer than I expected. I can grab my spade, line it up, put my body weight on it with a bit of a lunge and it'll almost go down the depth of the spade.

I bought a mattock in anticipation (and already had a sledgehammer), but have only needed each a few times where concrete had overflowed the box work etc.

It's gotta be done before the weekend so the concreters can put the spoon drain in and do the apron. Digging the tree hole and relocating that tree you see up front will be fun too.

Skipped Gym tonight, had a bit to do on the shed etc.

Finished my pipe work then dug a 500mm+ deep, 6-700 wide hole to relocate a tree, the ground was so bloody hard.

Surprisingly my shoulders/back etc are OK, but my poor girly IT hands are suffering.

The dog was pretty keen to get in the hole and probably dug another few mm down for me lol

ITT: nothing gym related lol

post-23873-0-06920200-1383733354_thumb.jpgpost-23873-0-48597900-1383733364_thumb.jpg

you should have told me you were digging up your yard, I could have sent the Husky down to help

bitch wont stop digging my yard up

girly hands can be fixed by urinating on them................... just saying