SAU Community

Solid Vs Sprung Puk Clutch

Finally got a company car so my r32 gts-t is about to become a weekender

Recently the clutch has let go so need some ideas what to put In.

My car has an rb25det conversion and is tuned by Toshi makes around the 250kw mark.

Looking to set up for drift and circuit.

Was thinking of Putin a 6 puck solid clutch in with an extra heady duty pressure plate.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers wortho

I have a solid ceramic twin plate in my 32 daily, It's not not as bad as people say, but it is a pain to drive in car parks... the ones with slopes and what not.

Out in the twisties it's much better than my old organic clutch. but this is probably due to the flywheel being like 3 kg lighter

If I were to choose again I would go one of those NPC organic single plates that everyone raves about.

Yeah Im fairly sure they do just the twin plate has a softer pedal feel. Although you aren't really supposed to ride them since the plates will wear unevenly.

Also depends on what kind of friction plate cause you can get sprung or solid centre, cushioned or solid puk, organic or ceramic etc

I have a solid puk clutch, very off/on but not that bad that I can't do the tight 3 point turn and clutch slip to get in and out of the garage. I reckon it has been hard on the driveline though, gearbox and diff both a bit noisy now (car is drifted / tracked so may just be normal wear).