SAU Community

Squattin

TTT

60kg x 10

80kg x 10

100kg x 4 (fail on 5th rep)

110kg x 0

90kg x 3

Second cold lol, can the environment gimme a f**kin break?! Better form this time around...

60kg x 10

80kg x 10

90kg x 7

100kg x 4

105kg x 1

Second cold lol, can the environment gimme a f**kin break?! Better form this time around...

60kg x 10

80kg x 10

90kg x 7

100kg x 4

105kg x 1

60kg x 10

80kg x 10

90kg x 7

105kg x 2

110kg x 0 (failed half way up)

That's no true; by your standards of a squat I was doing 10 of them before I switched to ATG...big difference. I squat to get bigger legs and ATGs in heavy volume have been doing that for me; it's been great. I also made the 110 a few weeks back.

Birds, you make out that your the only lifter that squats deep, do you honestly believe that?

Now in regards to squatting to get bigger legs............singles most sessions, really?

Anyway, its very clear your happy with your training and weights, and that should be every lifters goal, so power to you mate, keep going.

No I don't believe that. Plenty squat as deep as me and with loads more weight. I'm still a squat beginner as far as I'm concerned. I just don't think parallel and ATG weights should be compared with each other (outside of competition), when range of motion makes a huge difference to the weight you can squat. Considering that my legs are significantly bigger now (still not huge) than when I was squatting parallel with much more weight, there has to be truth to that.

I will come down for a visit with Charlie soon, only because I'm open minded enough to see and try things from a different perspective. But I can't promise that I'm going to swap out my ways for what you present me. You have to understand that I don't reject your methods or project my own onto anyone who doesn't ask me for them...I just like stepping outside the norm and trying my own things. If no one ever did that, we would never find alternatives; we would never advance beyond the norm. I don't mind being a guinea pig for that, even if it's at the sacrifice of my own conquests (though I don't believe it to be).

110kg x 0 (failed half way up)

so halfway up means up past parallel right?

How will squatting to below parallel but not till your calves touch hamstrings allow you to lift more?

you're not failing at the bottom.. you are failing half way up which would be back up past parallel.

or are you assuming that a legal depth PL squat is a 1/4 squat?

Look at how knees and muscles work...the lower you go to the ground, the more resistance you have to put up with and it's non-linear. It also alters the dynamic of back position. There's a reason you could do more pullups if you didn't have to clear the bar with your chin each time.

Half way up = expression. Read into the semantics however you want, Trollga, it doesn't mean a literal 50% of the ROM. I don't think I got past parallel.

Hey guys my gf leg workout atm is

Leg press 100kgs 3 x 10

Calf raises 100 kgs 3 x 10

squats 20 kgs 5 x 5

Lunges 10 kgs 3 x 10.

Hip raises? 10kgs 3 x 10

Training once a week

Her legs are toned as is but wants them to look bigger and more musclier in a feminim way though but is stuck atm and not much gains. Some pt's have said try doing 20 reps and others 8. What are your recomendations?

For her legs to get bigger, she'll have to eat more.

For her legs to be more "f**k I hate that word" she'll have to get lighter and eat less

Wonder why she's stuck?

Exercises are fine

lol @ feminine way. Muscle doesn't grow feminine or masculine, it just grows...with food and training. It does happen overnight though, so tell her to be careful and check the mirror regularly in case of sudden muscle growth into masculinity. Those IFBB bodybuilders have to be real careful they don't accidentally get too big when they are putting on muscle too.

Tell her to squat before leg press, for starters. And start upping that weight...20kg is a newbie warmup. My 55 year old mother squatted 20kg for 10 reps last week...first squat she's ever done in her life.

If you always do what you've always done then you'll always get what you've always got.

Shit, I'm starting to sound like Markos :/

- condescending but true advice...check

- use example of relative or client...check

- old expression/adage...check