SAU Community

Looking For A Gtr R35 For Wedding Hire

Hi

I am getting married in May and my fiancé is obsessed with GTR R35's. I am trying to surprise him by organising for him to be driven to the church (Sydney metro area) in an R35 as this would absolutely make his day! Would anyone be willing to help me out? I will obviously pay you for your time and petrol. Hoping someone can help me! Thanks!

• Like 1

Most of these guys don't appear to need the money (given the purchase price of the car), and they probably have better things to do with their time.

You never know though.

Man that's a bit rough!! Can't you R35 owners in Sydney share and appreciate the passion for these great cars and make some guy's special day just that bit more special?? ,,,,,all security and safety issues aside of course.

I think if I was in Sydney I'd probably help out. Have used my GTR in 2 weddings up here in QLD already - but they were close friends...

Man that's a bit rough!! Can't you R35 owners in Sydney share and appreciate the passion for these great cars and make some guy's special day just that bit more special?? ,,,,,all security and safety issues aside of course.

I got a Blue 2011 but I'm in the hunter valley near Newcastle so about 2hrs away... If you get stuck I will be more then glad to help yous out

Thanks everyone!! Appreciate the response! 2FA54U - it might be a bit hard since you are in the Hunter and the wedding is in Sydney but I will let you know if I get stuck though. GTR32G - I have sent you a PM.

That's ok if you get stuck let me know anyway I'm always keen for a nice long drive :)

Guys, be weary of this 1. If you are paid for the service you are Technically operating as a Limo without the appropriate Limo License and 2. Your insurance company will claim you are operating the GTR Commercially, rather than the private policy I am sure you're GTR is covered. I have heard this from another Car Club i was with that had been asked to do the same and we were warned about potential consequences. I assume if you are not being "Paid" for this and invited as a Guest of the wedding it may not be a problem..

Guys, be weary of this 1. If you are paid for the service you are Technically operating as a Limo without the appropriate Limo License and 2. Your insurance company will claim you are operating the GTR Commercially, rather than the private policy I am sure you're GTR is covered. I have heard this from another Car Club i was with that had been asked to do the same and we were warned about potential consequences. I assume if you are not being "Paid" for this and invited as a Guest of the wedding it may not be a problem..

If there was any payment it would be cash and render the above moot...you are simply a wedding guest.

Too many 'dudley-do-rights' these days.

I got paid in beer + I had a very good perve for my efforts below :-)

gtr91.jpg

gtr78.jpg

Yes, I posted up a thread in NSW > PDS whereby some insurance companies will definitely not allow the transport of persons for money. Others make no mention of it. But Brian knows his PDS back to front.

If there was any payment it would be cash and render the above moot...you are simply a wedding guest.

Too many 'dudley-do-rights' these days.

I got paid in beer + I had a very good perve for my efforts below :-)

gtr91.jpg

gtr78.jpg

Godddddamn every time i see pictures of your GTR i get all weird and happy. Such an amazing peice of mechanical art.