SAU Community

Is My Car Dead?

Nige1

Ok i was driving it was fine then massive loss of power on accleration so i start heading home and the car stalls and goes up in whiy smoke out the exhaust and engine, i try restart it and it strts and the engines clunking an trying tonstall and theres white smoke everywhere

blown head gasket perhaps or what i done to my old motor same story was driving then all of a sudden sounded like a massivley cammed V8 and white smoke everywhere and overheating after that

i had to look at the way the engine was treated serviced every 5,000K's and looked after untill i had the shits one night and done skidz on the limmiter for a night explains why it let go a couple of days later

when i pulled the engine apart i found 2 shattered pistons and a blown headgasket due to oil passing through the rings and too much compression in the cyl

DO A COMPRESSION TEST!!

lol, throws a rod out the block... which can be checked via quick check under the bonnet.

but posts thread on SAu first asking for advice

Or maybe asked for advice then decided to bring to a workshop who tested it, that could perhaps be it and it snapped from a possible boost spike