SAU Community

Did I Find A Bargain On The Skyline I Bought?

Hi all, first post.

i just recently bought an R33 GTS-T (going to Vic Roads tomorrow), its a white R33 with 180,000k on the clock with 3 inch full exhaust with 5 inch muffler, front mount inter cooler pod filter, which is not roadworthy in its current state. Its got a heavy duty clutch, clutch just changed three weeks ago and car got serviced for $1,800 (showed receipts).

bought the car for $3,700.

The bad points, needs paint fixing, some parts have been chipped off (the paint), front bumper needs new paint job etc. exterior not crashed or anything though.

did i get a good deal?

heres some pictures of it. By the way does anyone know what rims those are. Oh and the car has no mechanical issues from what i know and he said its 180KWRW, which im not too sure about (no dyno papers, but felt faster than stock r33gtst)

post-110073-0-20085700-1365338503_thumb.jpg

post-110073-0-28312300-1365338509_thumb.jpg

post-110073-0-97140400-1365338513_thumb.jpg

Edited by adamss
  • Like 1

All looks pretty tidy untill you discover there's $4000 worth of chassis damage underneath.

I certainly hope not.....didn't check underneath the car unfortunately, just took a risk and felt the car out as it was driven.

Looks like Mr Uleh had a hand in the styling :sick:

You bought the car for $3700+the cost getting it roadworthy, then rego, then fixing up all the imperfections. So id say you go what you paid for.

Looks like Mr Uleh had a hand in the styling :sick:

You bought the car for $3700+the cost getting it roadworthy, then rego, then fixing up all the imperfections. So id say you go what you paid for.

got rego til december.

You got a good deal if 'you' think you got a good deal champ. It's all relative to what yiu consider good value. My 2 cents, buy the time It's on the road looking and running properly, you deal will be ok...not a bargain but not a total rip

Fun manual turbo import for under 4k, really cant go wrong imo.

if its a car you plan on flipping for a profit later on, wont happen sadly, not sure what car sales are like where you are, but hardly anything sells where i am. its all swaps.

Seen 2or 3 R33's sell for under 4500 here with your average mods, exhaust, FMIC, pod, hecktic skidders on rear.

its one of those "you get what you pay for" things.

Fun manual turbo import for under 4k, really cant go wrong imo.

if its a car you plan on flipping for a profit later on, wont happen sadly, not sure what car sales are like where you are, but hardly anything sells where i am. its all swaps.

Seen 2or 3 R33's sell for under 4500 here with your average mods, exhaust, FMIC, pod, hecktic skidders on rear.

its one of those "you get what you pay for" things.

+1 on Dan, 3.7K for a rw manual turbo haha

Plus a few after market parts(lip, wheels etc)

Fingers crossed for no chassis damage :)

+1 on Dan, 3.7K for a rw manual turbo haha

Plus a few after market parts(lip, wheels etc)

Fingers crossed for no chassis damage :)

I took a risk with this one even if the money isn't much, still young took a while to save this up. Got the car checked, cars in pretty dam good condition other some exterior paint chipped off. Engines smooth, no leaks, no crash damage, and still got some oomph even after 19 years.

need some basic stuff for road worthy though, spare tire one cap missing on one of the rims and the pod filter is just hanging down. What can I do about the pod filter? Mechanic said needs something to hold up like the box of the original filter.

Um - a centre cap missing = wont pass rego?
WHUT?
So glad I don't live in QLD.

Just get a factory pod box, OR, put some high density marine foam under it and make a metal splash shield to cover it from any hot oil spray, etc.
Get ANY 114.3 (Nissan, ford toyota) steel rim with a closely sized tyre, say, 205/65/15 as a spare. Any wrecker should have an ok cheap one with air... lol.

dugong foreskin leather lol

If it's chassis not rooted and engine has good compression, have you compression tested it? Then probably a good buy,

But when things get cheap I ask myself why is someone willing to sell for this price. because no one gives shit away