SAU Community

An Evening With Jim Richards And Fred Gibson - 18Th July

FineLine

I have a shirt for both of them to sign then...

Anyone want to answer my other question about parking????

You'll most likely be able to go park over at the pits.

even then, you'd be fine on the grass even with stupid low

Evening was great. Food though was very light. Had to eat something at home.

Top night, always good to catch up with the Sau peeps as well as hearing jim and Fred recall tales of a bygone era was fantastic.

But Yep ants is bang on the money there, food was quite small servings and my steak was still breathing...

Was a fantastic night for sure, some good stories told, like the ones about Skafiey San playing up with his Japanese brother. Man I laughed.

And the technological dominance the Gibson Motorsport team had over the Japs, imagine developing a method of tuning each cylinder individualy using pressure sensitive transducers inside each pot.

On a side note, did that door prize ever get drawn?

Great night. Very entertaining and I got some important technical info from Alan as a bonus. But yes food was light on and kinda rubbish but every thing else was that good I didn't care!

Was good to see people again and was a great night! Will hopefully be out and about more often after the end of August as opposed to every 6 months!

Thanks to the organisers :)

• Like 1

All this dinner banter. But lets be honest did we really expect fantastic food? We've all that there breakfast and that is hardly worth noting at times. I bet Martin was the sadest if he ended up with a living bit of meat in his plate.

I bet Martin was the sadest if he ended up with a living bit of meat in his plate.

Actually my steak was cooked pretty well. There must have been a lot of variance because I would be the first to complain if it was still mooing.

Super tops night, Jim's always such a fab bloke but I could've listened to Fred and Alan all night! The methods and engineering they employed 20 years ago still outweighs some of the shit we're doing now. Such incredible foresight and ingenuity.

Thanks for another redonculous evening xx

• Like 1

Super tops night, Jim's always such a fab bloke but I could've listened to Fred and Alan all night! The methods and engineering they employed 20 years ago still outweighs some of the shit we're doing now. Such incredible foresight and ingenuity.Thanks for another redonculous evening xx

yep! The tech they introduced back then was just incredible for its time. No wonder it dominated that era. Alan was indeed a surprise that evening and made that evening worth the 130km drive.

yep! The tech they introduced back then was just incredible for its time. No wonder it dominated that era. Alan was indeed a surprise that evening and made that evening worth the 130km drive.

Alan was awesome, confirmed everything I talked to you about on the phone, their set up in the GTR was word for word what Sean wants to put on mine.