SAU Community

R33 Gtr Vspec Clutch And Fly Wheel Repalcement

HI,

Does anybody know what a good clutch would be for diving around town at the moment I have a triple plate but want 1 close to standard, does anybody know of a combo with a flywheel as well for a 33 gtr vspec ?

Cheers Paul

Nismo Super Coppermix Twin Plate, comes with flywheel, new flywheel bolts, release bearing and clutch fork boot too - just under $1600 at the current exchange rate.

Jesse Streeter.

You're welcome.

Where can you find a Nismo Super Coppermix Twin Plate for $1600?

I've only seen them advertised for bout $2800??

10 seconds on google returns RHD having them for $1,699 plus delivery.

That's a really great price. Is this the comp model ?

Doesn't really matter for the price but just curious.

Any indication on timeframe for delivery?

OS Giken clutch went on Friday and need one in a real hurry, so I may have to pay premium :( locally

Edit: Email sent to Jesse

The one I got wasnt a comp model. The quote from Streeter is around 200 or 300 extra for comp model from memory. I got mine from a local guy that's got a new one but didnt want to install it. End up being 100bucks cheaper than Streeter without the long wait. Back then the exchange rate was around 70ish and I paid 2k for mine. Considering the rates dropped by almost 40%, 1.6k-1.7k landed sounds correct.

You can get Streeter to do EMS and you'll get it within 3-5working days I think. Probably another 200bucks for EMS which is 1.9k?? Still a good deal. You will never regret getting it.

That's a really great price. Is this the comp model ?

Doesn't really matter for the price but just curious.

Any indication on timeframe for delivery?

OS Giken clutch went on Friday and need one in a real hurry, so I may have to pay premium :( locally

Edit: Email sent to Jesse

If you dont like exercising your foot while driving, I will recommend sticking with coppermix. Try reading the review, nothing but good. Another good clutch I was looking at is the ATS carbon. Around the same price too.

Not saying Oruga isnt good but my personal opinion for clutch is, easy on the foot, lasting and can hold the power. I doubt the Oruga is easy on the foot. The coppermix holds a max of 500 or 600HP which is plenty for me.

according to just jap you can get them for a few different levels of power.

Can anyone tell me what the difference is between the competition one an the standard one?

Heavier pressure plate. For the little extra, it's a no brainer to get the competition spec.

There is rumours of not being able to use the Nismo Slave cylinder with the Nismo clutches. I call bullshit as my C spec has been in there for 7-8 years without an issue.

I think from memory it holds around 100 or 150 HP more than standard. Its states in the datasheet. You should be able to download online.

640 PS VS 780 PS IIRC. How conservative those figures are anyone's guess.

• 1 month later...