SAU Community

R34 Build/diary

I donno if I will be building mine like yours but chasing around the same figure.If it pops I'll get another stockie and repeat and transfer. If I had known from the start I would have got a standalone only a few extra dollars.

Honestly I see he has commented on this thread. But 34geeteetee he has quite a nice build from memory he isn't running a fully built motor.

If anyone can help or give ya tips that would be the man

• 1 month later...

After gathering ECU,Injectors and Highflow and getting some cash. It was time to put it all in

th_IMAG0908_zpsdb8331d2.jpg

th_IMAG0934_zpsc96fdef6.jpg

The inlet manifold is one B#@tch to get off so it made the tapping of the MAP sensor a lot harder than it should have been. Had to use a vacuum cleaner and a lot of grease on the drill and tap

th_IMAG0943_zpsb17cf16f.jpg

th_IMAG0945_zps15d8b36b.jpg

th_IMAG0948_zps1c1269c9.jpg

th_IMAG0950_zps77cf029a.jpg

Eventually after a few cuts and some decent swearing it finally got sent for a tune. Hoping all will be well.

th_IMAG0959_zpsdd59b606.jpg

Gotta say im super happy with the results ive gotten. The car is now flex tuned starting from E20 all the way up to E85. So far ive been monitoring the oil temps. Theyre sitting at about 90degrees and i have been giving it a boost. Just need to fix the starting issues as it doesn't always start on the first go. However that shouldnt be too much of a problem, drivability wise you can tell that I should be needing a new clutch soon but the one in should go for another 10000ks or so.

Will keep in mind to take it easy there. Next task is to find a decent clutch. Been thinking of the Nismo Coppermix but we will have to see. Otherwise im super happy. Wasnt really expecting that from a stock highflow turbo, a tiny lil bit laggy but its definitely worth it.

BryceR34DynoGraphlambda_zpsa9aed259.jpg

BryceR34DynoGraphBoost_zps62c2cae9.jpg

BryceR34dYNOGraphTorque_zps6fe4bd44.jpg

Also gotta commend the Federal RSR's there literally no wheel spin even in first gear. Next task is to make tweak up the geometry. Not that i having any traction problems but it will make a lot more planted and predictable.

Great result, you must be stoked.

yh i havent really gone past 5000rpm as im just scared something will go wrong because its a big jump from 180kw to 280kws. Been listening for pings but cant hear any.

Needs to hold that 16psi throughout and you would be into the 290+

But great results mate!

What are you using to control boost and what is the actuator pressure?

its a HKS Actuator 14psi, the boost is being controlled by the ecu so I have a MAC solenoid doing all the work. Not sure if the tuner wanted it to bleed off to 12psi. Will ask him if he intended that to happen or it a boost control issue.

yh i havent really gone past 5000rpm as im just scared something will go wrong because its a big jump from 180kw to 280kws. Been listening for pings but cant hear any.

its a HKS Actuator 14psi, the boost is being controlled by the ecu so I have a MAC solenoid doing all the work. Not sure if the tuner wanted it to bleed off to 12psi. Will ask him if he intended that to happen or it a boost control issue.

You should be fine going past 5000rpm man . As long as your tuner has got a decent air fuel ratio Nd not heaps of timing should be all good.

Great results man been checking on your progress each week good job!

• Like 1

Gotta say im super happy with the results ive gotten. The car is now flex tuned starting from E20 all the way up to E85. So far ive been monitoring the oil temps. Theyre sitting at about 90degrees and i have been giving it a boost. Just need to fix the starting issues as it doesn't always start on the first go. However that shouldnt be too much of a problem, drivability wise you can tell that I should be needing a new clutch soon but the one in should go for another 10000ks or so.

Will keep in mind to take it easy there. Next task is to find a decent clutch. Been thinking of the Nismo Coppermix but we will have to see. Otherwise im super happy. Wasnt really expecting that from a stock highflow turbo, a tiny lil bit laggy but its definitely worth it.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

When does it make boost by man ? Power curve looks pretty instant from what I can see

Yh I was only paronoid because of the 100kw increase in power. I just thought something will go wrong. So far not much issues except the cold start issue having to crank it atleast three times in the morning and the clutch slipping when pushed hard.

Compared to stock it is a tiny bit laggy which is expected. I have full boost 16 by 3000rpm fourth gear pull.

Yh I was only paronoid because of the 100kw increase in power. I just thought something will go wrong. So far not much issues except the cold start issue having to crank it atleast three times in the morning and the clutch slipping when pushed hard.

Compared to stock it is a tiny bit laggy which is expected. I have full boost 16 by 3000rpm fourth gear pull.

She'll be right mate

Just make sure you dont' have Yum Cha tyres and you'll have traction

Once tyres are warm I could flat stick it in 2nd gear on my old Nitto Invo 265 tyres with no traction loss or sideways movement with 280rwkw

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So my car wont start now. It can crank for a good 10secs but it wont fire. I need some ideas as ive tried all i know.

1. Pulled out the fuel pump even though i could hear it
2. Pulled off the fuel hose after the filter and fuel pours out

3. Checked the injectors by moving the CAS and i could hear them ticking.

4. Checked the fuses and none of them seem to be blown same as relays on ECU side.

5. Changed spark plugs still no start

6. Pulled out coilpack loom and tested it with multimeter and its continuous

7. Tested for spark by earthing a sparkplug to strut brace and theres no spark.

8. Did a cold compression test to check mechanical issues 120,123,125,120,120,120

any ideas to whats causing the no spark issue.

after all the attempts i have a check engine light on. I have a VipeC V88 PLUGIN and no codes are being indicated.

• 4 weeks later...

quick update, since the last tune had been driving around with a slipping clutch wasnt too bad it would slip mostly on hard acceleration. Got a temporal clutch as a band aid fix, couldnt wait for the time it would take me to save up for a proper Nismo Coppermix to handle the power im chasing.

IMAG1053_zpsx9e3yw8v.jpg

One afternoon decided to go ahead with installing the clutch. Was probably the worst day to pick working in a garage at 40degrees plus, was dripping like water. Jacked the car up and put it on ramps, dont really just jack stands.

IMAG1049_zpsp6kxo0z6.jpg

Dont think ill ever do this without a hoist, next time ill definitely hire one out somewhere. So I modified the trolley jack and put plank on to increase the base, since some wiggling of the box would be involved. Managed to undo most of the bolts quite easily, the top starter bolt was a bi*ch, took me about half an hour to figure out how to remove it with a bit of persistence it lost against me.

IMAG1045_zpsgybb84af.jpg

Box was lowered and" bench pressed" to the side flywheel was removed and machined.

IMAG1058_zpsn7ovhhdm.jpg

Clutch was definitely on its last legs im surprised i could still drive it around with it for sometime.

IMAG1047_zpsuur3claf.jpg

Mounting the pressure plate involved some ingenuity, 5hiv came up with this good idea that was used to stop the flywheel turning as the tools for stopping it could not be found anywhere.The plank was fitted between the dowels and when it turned the chasis would stop it from turning further.Worked a treat and managed to torque up the bolts.

gearboxpressing_zpsb0b35032.jpg

After a day of swearing constantly was a funny moment when I actually tried to bench as a means to get the spline in the clutch. Eventually with some wiggling and some assistance from Stinky-Poo managed to get the spline aligned with the clutch. Gotta say everything else seemed like a breeze.To finish it off added some Motul Gear 300 the box and it doesnt feel as good as Nissan Gearbox oil.

Also whilst testing the new clutch found out that i have this strong cut when i accelerate at about 50% throttle. If i progressively build up speed seems like the problem is not there. Took it to the tuner and he had no idea aswell, seemed like everything was indicating to be fine with the settings on the ECU. No fault code was even thrown.

Through researching heard that the CAS could be kaput but I used a mates CAS and the cut is still there. Th cut is almost harsher than traction controll fuel cut. It feels like emergency braking then when i release the pedal it resume like everything has been normal. Its also not a boost cut or spike because ive been monitoring the gauge. Anyone got ideas?