SAU Community

How do you tell a Modified/Custom R33 GTS-T from a customised R33 GTR

I know this might sound stupid but....

I am looking at an R33 GTR which has significant customisation and modifications, what is the easiest way to tell the GTS/GTR apart if you havent driven either before?

Bepo

LOL, one is 4WD and the other is 2 wheel drive.. There is 3 gauges in the centre dash with boost pressure, torque split between the front and rear diffs, and oil ??

Flared gaurds on the GTR, same wheel dimensions front and rear,

Just look up some pics on google to have a look at them also..

Ask them!  

Check the engine ..

Hehe I wasnt specific enough LOL

This cars interior and exterior is HUGELY different to a standard Skyline, Engine bay is also quite different. I was thinking more around the Model no. BNCR33 printed on the engine or something like that? Maybe even what to look for in terms of the 4wd system/front diff....

I'm not a noob.... REALLY!!!!

Bepo

im asssuming ur talkin about the r33?

i no how to tell easily if a r33/r34 is a real or a fake gtr but i have to admit i realli cant tell the difference betweeen a gtst and a gtr for an r32!

i can sometimes..but sometimes i get it confused

it loooks pretty similar to me

just looking at the car flared guards is easiest for me... assuming that extreme mods doesn't include pumping the guards out

GTR -

127gtr.jpg

pumpness... not to mention a GTR badge :)

GTSt -

1338cimg0006.jpg

flat... like wall

thankyou to whoever's cars i used.

Meshy.... Yes it is he one from Ebay although i saw it advertised elsewhere, dont really likethe color but the modded panels and bodykit look sweet. Any info on this car would be great as the owner has conflicting stories about the car.....

I'm becoming less and less interested in it though as it isnt really the image I am after LOL

Bepo

man i've seen the car and its a real GTR. he was getting his kit done when i was getting my kit done. plates GTR-007 right? was also at MAS. what conflicting stories has he got with the car?

Yeah thats the car alright. As for conflicting stories, it is more a few vague facts like he said the kit was on it in Japan and your saying it was done here hehe, it has also changed hands twice in a year which doesn't bode well. Anyways I dont really want to air this on the boards, I am more interested in anyone having knowledge surrounding the cars, mechanics and more importantly if it has accident history. Any respray raises my suspicions

Bepo

Had too put this in :D