SAU Community

World Time Attack Gtr32 Bc Automotive

stevena

re-drill top mounts to copy nismo

and slap r33 lower arms which ar 10mm longer

thats how the "dirty non cheating targa spec cars" do it

I was under the impression the R33 GTR LCAs didn't fit?!? or were different mounting? Otherwise I'll do that straight away :)

I would support Russell's comments on these upper suspension arms as they are a good piece of kit.

When the top arm moves through the suspension travel range the top arm attempts to twist which it cannot normally do and instead it chops out you top arm bushes. This design has a pivot point in the middle of the arm which allows rotation reducing friction and saving your bushes from damage.

To test this if you take the spring out of your front coil over and push the suspension up through the travel range you will feel the friction as the suspension attempts to twist the top arm. With these UAS arms in place the suspension movement has this friction removed because the top arm can twist on the pivot point as it moves up through the suspension travel range.

I leave all the suspension stuff to dean as it goes over my head. But I did ask him bout what you guys advised and he said it has been checked and all is good. In regards to camber etc I don't know how its set up as I trust what is done by the guys, but if more was required I'm sure without doubt they will advise we need it. Cheers guys,

Massive days in lead up to phillip island. Car was started Sunday early morning for the first time, and I got to hear it today.....it sounds tuff and lumpy on idle, awesome, completely differently to the old car set up.

Everyone was working on it today, dash attached, body loom was and still is being made and will be finished tonight. Body loom weighed 2-3kg which was a guess by hand.

post-19978-0-33494400-1378722051_thumb.jpgpost-19978-0-67796100-1378722081_thumb.jpgpost-19978-0-68478100-1378722267_thumb.jpg

post-19978-0-76294400-1378722343_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Unbelievable.... Car was tuned by dean, and phil armour who flew down for the day. Massive thanks phil. This engine is a monster. Posting a crappy phone quality of it on the dyno, unfortunately I can't post any graphs or mention power in respect to the team as time attack is just around the corner. But what I will say is this new engine doesn't even compare to the old engine, like night and day.

Car sounds and looks great Steven!

Have you sort out your front suspension yet?

I've a full set of front Ikeya arms at Riverside if you need it. Believe it or not, that is my second set that I have installed in that car to roll around and dyno only lol The Ikeya arms have not seen the street or track!

First set went to a mate because my car was getting work and he needed it for the track. Now I won't need this front setup because Riverside made me a custom front set. I will need the rear until Riverside has time to do the rear setup. I think I also have the Whiteline sway bar made for dry sump....depending your dry sump pump.

It's there if you need it ....otherwise I will float it on the market when I have time after WTAC.

Car sounds and looks great Steven!

Have you sort out your front suspension yet?

I've a full set of front Ikeya arms at Riverside if you need it. Believe it or not, that is my second set that I have installed in that car to roll around and dyno only lol The Ikeya arms have not seen the street or track!

First set went to a mate because my car was getting work and he needed it for the track. Now I won't need this front setup because Riverside made me a custom front set. I will need the rear until Riverside has time to do the rear setup. I think I also have the Whiteline sway bar made for dry sump....depending your dry sump pump.

It's there if you need it ....otherwise I will float it on the market when I have time after WTAC.

Thanks dahn, all good with suspension buddy. I also have a brand new set of ikeya sitting in its box we have never needed to use as yet. But appreciate the thought. Speak to freddy... We have a transporter that can fit 2 more cars in, if your interested fill me in.

So first test session at phillip island didn't happen and lucky for 2 reason. At 8.30 last night just prior to loading car on the trailer the boys noticed an abnormality with the engine so played it safe, engine out this morning and all is well, few days set back. And reason 2 is we heard it was a wash out at phillip island.