SAU Community

World Time Attack Gtr32 Bc Automotive

stevena

Great write up mate. Spent my Sunday morning reading thru it. Was wondering if you have done any brake ducting (how and pics?) and where you got the passenger side head light carbon duct from?

Great write up mate. Spent my Sunday morning reading thru it. Was wondering if you have done any brake ducting (how and pics?) and where you got the passenger side head light carbon duct from?

Thanks Adam, stay tuned as there's heaps to come. There hasn't been any need for brake ducting as yet, our last track day and prior to that the brakes were fantasic, now that we have blocked up the holes in the front bar and with more track laps it could be a different story. If needed one way would be to create holes in the front bar, attach silicone ducting to it and guide it to the caliper. Ill post pics up if needed. Only the drivers side is carbon, the left one is fibre glass from tomei. Justin from Revzone.com.au ordered most of my jap parts as he always gets awesome prices. Here's a link of what it looks like below.

http://www.nengun.com/tomei/headlamp-air-intake-nissan-skyline-r32-gtr

motor looking pretty shmicko!.. on the topic of brake ducting, I am/was planning to mount some allstar brake ducts into my 400r style bar, 3" hose back to ally air guide plates mounted to castor rods/LCA's BUT... how did you go with 3-4 laps? i'm thinking for sprints time attacks and short style events, brake ducting Vs blocked holes for greater aero benifits, whats the verdict?

For sprints and time attack as they are usually under 6 laps its never been a problem, I've run alloy air guides in the past but took them off. I physically couldn't tell the difference between them being on or off. Not sure what the temps were at but it has not affected the braking what so ever as the brakes are fantastic. So now with the front blocked off it may be a different story, Bc don't think it will make any difference as time attack is only a few laps at a time. Recently read an article by Simon mcbeath in race car engineering, the short story.... They tested a wrx with a small front splitter and a larger front splitter in a wind tunnel test. Test showed there wasn't much downforce difference to the front of the car with the larger splitter vs the smaller splitter which is odd, they then blocked off all the front holes in the front bar and all the front down force then appeared. Seems previously not only was the open bar causing drag but the air was escaping through the bar and then under the car not allowing the downforce to occur.

It varies for all, depends on your driving style, brakes, weight of car, track. If you notice you need cooling its not that difficult to do later.

Speaking of brakes though... My rotor hats were just modified to suit v8 supercar rotors which arrived today.

post-19978-0-79295900-1374663755_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

How long till engine is in and running?

Great question, car was supposed to be ready in July but had some unforeseen hold ups. So this time I don't wont to state exactly so I don't disappoint myself lol. There's heaps still needing to be done and guys can only work after hours at the moment. I'm gonna say completed by September. Ill post the vids up when its alive and tuned if I get a chance.

We are happy to welcome a new sponsor onboard, VPW Australia. We now have all our proflow fittings, hoses, alloy bends and clampshell couplings to put it all together. There catalogue is a novel, they stock everything.

post-19978-0-36581200-1375068436_thumb.jpg

Looks great Steve.

However, I would have thought that mounting the oil tank at the front like that would leave it subject to possible damage.

I would have thought mounting it in the boot would have been better in the the case of an impact, and even with weight distributuion.

Looks great Steve.

However, I would have thought that mounting the oil tank at the front like that would leave it subject to possible damage.

I would have thought mounting it in the boot would have been better in the the case of an impact, and even with weight distributuion.

Hey Damian, its only subject to damage if you stack the car, placing it there gives us better weight distribution in the front left as Phillip island has mainly left hand turns. Also by placing it there it needs much less plumbing which saves weight and the biggest bonus is that it costs less in plumbing too...score!

Hey Damian, its only subject to damage if you stack the car, placing it there gives us better weight distribution in the front left as Phillip island has mainly left hand turns. Also by placing it there it needs much less plumbing which saves weight and the biggest bonus is that it costs less in plumbing too...score!

This is true. But shit does sometimes happen. Fingers crossed it doesnt lol.

Yeah i know how easily plumbing can add up, especially when it runs the length of the car a couple of times over.

Ive never personally driven PI, but i can see where you are coming from. I was more thinking about the front and rear distribution, rather than left and right. But I dare say you'd have more experience in this than me haha.

Good luck man. Would love to see this thing screaming in the metal.

• Like 1