SAU Community

Body Filler Cracking Off - How Much To Fix?

So after cleaning my car today I've noticed this part on the driver side of my door is cracking off. This can be seen in the photo below.

IMAG0203_zps33d8effa.jpg

How much would I be looking at to get it fixed PROPERLY and painted?

that looks like rust to me. i had the same on my passenger door. cost me about $300 to repair properly, respray, colour match, and blend.

in my case, there was a piece of sound deadening mat thingy stuck to the inside of the door right behind the spot. it was collecting water and sitting there causing the rust bubble.

I wouldnt be surprised if you find the same with yours, coz realistically, there's no other reason for a spot in the middle of a sheet to begin rusting.

a replacement door might be cheaper to buy, but then there's little chance the colour will match perfectly.

• Like 1

that looks like rust to me. i had the same on my passenger door. cost me about $300 to repair properly, respray, colour match, and blend.

in my case, there was a piece of sound deadening mat thingy stuck to the inside of the door right behind the spot. it was collecting water and sitting there causing the rust bubble.

I wouldnt be surprised if you find the same with yours, coz realistically, there's no other reason for a spot in the middle of a sheet to begin rusting.

a replacement door might be cheaper to buy, but then there's little chance the colour will match perfectly.

Ye pretty sure it is. Bought it like that. Previous owner said when he imported it came with the car. Hopefully doesn't fall off anytime soon because so costly to fix.

$280... wow.

My old GQ patrol had this sort of rusting all around the roof gutters, about 45cm of in total around the whole car.

Also roof racks had caused rust lines where they scraped paint along the top of the roof.

To get it all repaired and the entire roof resprayed cost $400.

$280 for that incredibly tiny area is a bit insane in my eyes, or maybe I just go to a cheap bodyshop. (that being said, nothing went wrong with the repair on the patrol in the 5 months I had it until it was sold).