SAU Community

White Gts-T's, White Gts-T

Not sure how the events are run up there but you may need CAMS L2S license if you intend to do some circuit days, down here you do. Used to only need L2NS for drifting (which I assume is the case up there?), but now they've changed that to L2S for drifting as well as circuit.

Yes it is, thanks for the heads up. I just rang up CAMS and completed the renewal online, while upgrading to an L2S licence. It's current as of today! Much easier than messing about with all that paperwork.

Meanwhile, my brother sent me this photo he snapped, as I was leaving his house.

photo_zpsef0e96cb.jpg

Edited by White GTS-T

On the weekend I gave the car its first shakedown, around my favourite mountain pass.

2013-10-05082607_zps58f17759.png

I ventured there with a mate who was riding a Suzuki 1300 GSX-R. God damn that thing is fast. (This reminds me, I need to paint my wiper arms)

2013-10-05122617_zps99957617.jpg

It was a glorious day there.

2013-10-05143347_zpsc2b2eafb.jpg

I would have taken more photos, but I was too busy enjoying the drive. I did take this one though, at a rest stop along the way. It's still being rebuilt since the area was ravaged by fire and floods.

2013-10-05151338_zpsab7206d6.jpg

The brakes got a got work out, and held up very well though the tight touge. You can see they are quite dusty here.

2013-10-05151150_zps4c2257dc.jpg

2013-10-05151239_zps82116bff.jpg

On the way over, I didn't push the car or myself at all, just getting a feel for the new setup and how the car now behaves. On the return trip however, I decided to go a bit quicker, without doing anything stupid, that is. There are a lot of blind corners and tourists coming the opposite direction, who can't stay in their own lane. The new steering, suspension, brake setup is incredible.That's easily the quickest I've been around there and the car still had so much left in it. It just grips for days. Perhaps too much. I hope when it comes time to finally slide it again, the little RB20 can coup with the extra grip.

I'm enjoying this grip stuff so much that I just booked flights, accommodation, car hire etc for WTAC. See you there!

Hey,

It was $200 in the end, which I didn't think was too bad, as they had to do some more prep work on them. I have no idea as to how that compares, price wise, elsewhere.

On another note, a few little bits and pieces have been turning up. Like this PWR power steering cooler. I figure the standard cooler may not be able to cope with the extra strain of the bigger wheels.

Posted Image

I already have a RB25 clutch fan and hub, but this gktech unit is supposed to outflow the RB25 item.

Posted Image

TRS tow strap for when I beach it.

Posted Image

And finally this little gem.

Posted Image

After a track day I always lamented not taking the time to get more footage, but at the time, I was always too busy having fun to worry about it. Hopefully this will be the happy medium.

• 1 month later...

Long time no update. A bit has been happening lately. I recently entered the Ararat Hillclimb, which is to be held at the end of this month, and I have been slowly prepping the car for the event.

I started by trying to remove some weight from the car, by fitting the MFR wiper delete, thanks to #Sinista32, and the redundant speakers and evaporator core.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

This saved enough weight to offset the installation of the two 'cams approved fire extinguisher brackets', thanks to #DattoP510, and the two cams approved extinguishers.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I inversed the other bracket and with a bit of persuasion I was able to make it fit the passenger side.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I know having two extinguishers is probably overkill, but better to be safe than sorry.

To meet the sup regs and to have a front tow point that won't pull the bumper off, I came up with this.

Posted Image

Posted Image

A neat 'L' braket welded to the factory tow hook to facilitate the mounting of the TRS tow strap.

Posted Image

Posted Image

The poor old Trust bumper has seen better days, but I plan on keeping it for track days/events and fitting the N1 bumper and N1 lip for the street, which finally arrived after being on back order.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I have aquired almost everything I need to get the exterior sorted, including the N1 vents, indicators etc pictured here. I just need to get everything painted.

Posted Image

Moving back to the mechanical side again, I am planning on running two catch cans. Ultimatly I want to plumb them both back to the sump, but for now the vents/drains will be blocked off and I'll be able to measure the amount of blow by.

Pictured is everything necessary to run the setup I have in mind. Thanks must go to #@Interloper for the press in dash fittings.

20131109_111743_zps3b7bede0.jpg

20131109_112228_zpsa84c556f.jpg

20131112_141844_zps33477339.jpg

In order to limit the turnaround time, I bought another set of rocker covers. The RB20 redtop covers seem to be in vogue lately and I think they will give the drab and dreary engine bay some character.

20131114_202918_zps222c1d68.jpg

After a quick hit of paint stripper the covers are ready for the dash fittings.

20131116_173537_zps6bb50c5f.jpg

New bolts, screws, washers and gaskets should make the installation hassle free

20131111_173052_zpsc886507f.jpg

On to servicing, I fitted the PWR power steering cooler where the condenser used to be.

20131105_152418_zps9edd106b.jpg

I also gave the motor and drivetrain some love.

20131116_124855_zpsd1482056.jpg

Giving the M's filter a service.

20131116_170856_zpsf61f4044.jpg

And finally I rigged this up.

20131116_124728_zps816c6b1d.jpg

Edited by White GTS-T

I should precipice all this by stating that this is my first Hillclimb/timed event and in no way do I expect to break any records. I'll be happy to go and have some fun, meet some likeminded people and bring the car home in one piece.

Having said that. I can honestly say I know I'm going to feel like a dick, getting around in this.

Posted Image

But safety first, right?

Lastly, I bought something for the car that, not in a million years did I ever think I would buy, but I did. A carbon Topstage bonnet. Thanks to #CRZY32.

Posted Image

I should precipice all this by stating that this is my first Hillcimb/timed event

That should read predicate, not precipice. A freudian slip no doubt, but hopefully not a bad omen.

Cheers man, i'll be sure to post up some pics when it's fitted,

Yeah, I know what you mean, when you have it to yourself, it's really something else. On that last trip, I got stuck behind a soccer mum in a Ford Territory with a full load of kids, 'my family' stickers an all. After a while I became impatient and began pressuring her. Usually people just pull over, but she reacted by going even faster! Tipping it into the corners and crossing well into the other lane on blind corners. I couldn't believe it. Not that it excuses my behaviour, I shouldn't have done it, but I had to back off before she caused an accident.