SAU Community

White Gts-T's, White Gts-T

I'm not sure exactly sure where it came from, but today I had a sudden surge of motivation. Perhaps it stemmed from seeing the results of the subframe, after it had been powder coated. Even though it will barely be visible, I knew I'd be disappointed with a second rate spray can job.

The finish, looks and feels fantastic.

20141008_165916_zpsplzykds6.jpg

20141008_165954_zps2sn49kdb.jpg

Even the uprights came up a treat.

20141008_165852_zpsfk7bsekz.jpg

After downing a strong coffee, I cleaned up the zinc primer where the bushes mount and pressed in the Nismo bushes. I was on such a roll that I didn't even stop to get photos of the process, sorry.

20141011_151709_zpskrlu6xmd.jpg

20141011_151739_zpsg116nw3g.jpg

20141011_151815_zpsmakb53sr.jpg

I then pressed the new bushes in the knuckles.

20141011_151936_zpskavljsw5.jpg

20141011_151902_zps5se5ycvs.jpg

20141011_151853_zpsvmxpzric.jpg

20141011_152007_zpspkumqx9s.jpg

And made up a jig for the new arms.

20141011_160910_zpsbai44yye.jpg

20141011_153715_zpszs5avmte.jpg

20141011_163512_zpshzh5lthb.jpg

I also got this neat brace powder coated as well. It reinforces the rear toe pick up points

20141011_162450_zpsg93bsbap.jpg

20141011_163444_zpssrwspdtm.jpg

20141011_162429_zps5kjcxofq.jpg

Everything is all dummied up and ready to go.

20141011_170347_zpsnry7qnvv.jpg

20141011_170729_zpsv3gl8cv9.jpg

20141011_170710_zpsgh9nrpmz.jpg

20141011_170652_zpsjnruc7kd.jpg

It's getting there, slowly but surely.

• Like 4

Yeah, its the bushes i didnt change that is the problem.

I dont know if ill ever bother, unless i get the chassis straightened, or another shell thats straight.

If i do that, then i will strip it and re-build everything.

• 2 weeks later...

My god that rear subframe looks amazing!!
I also have a white Gtst, feel free to check my build thread if you get a chance! Would love some feedback.

Do you have any big plans for the engine?

• Like 1

Thanks guys. Don't worry Rudi, I've been keeping a close eye on your build (^_-). After you started that Gatebil thread, I went through a backlog of all your posts...⊙_⊙

Your car has come a long way, It's becoming quite impressive and is tastefully modified to boot.

I'm still undecided (I change my mind everyday) on whether to go all out on the 20 with an EFR6258 or just to go the tried true method of a 25 conversion.

Thanks mate! Your build has been the inspiration for mine!
Was so happy to see someone using proper genuine parts and taking the time to build an R32 properly. The exact same approach I want to take with mine and just do things properly first time with no cutting corners. Also love that your car gets taken to track and drift days and your not afraid to drive it hard!

I am in the same boat with my engine too... Unsure what to do now, stick with the 20 or go 25? Right now its reliable so I am happy with that.... But the thirst for more power is starting to kick in.. :yes:

I find it quite surreal that you would say that. I try to draw inspiration for my car from elsewhere, but I've never seen mine like that. I mean, I guess it could be, but I never expected this kind of overwhelming response from SAU. Thanks man, reading that has made my day.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So as you may have guessed, I took a few days off leading up to the Christmas break and spent them working on the car in the workshop. I came in early Monday morning to get a head start. By the time the boss arrived, the car was in pieces and he wasn't too impressed when he realised that he was going to have one less hoist, but I digress.

Seeing as how the entire rear brake assembly had to be pulled apart, I removed the standard brake master cylinder and bench bleed the new N1 item with some fresh fluid.

20141223_152728_zpsn453kopk.jpg

I also decided to replace the hand brake shoes with some new ones.

20141223_110955_zpsxyzcbixb.jpg

And after pressing off the old wheel bearings, I cleaned up the old hubs in preparation of fitting the new superseded bearings.

20141222_084037_zps32uxwpdj.jpg

I got sick of using old bearing races, sockets etc in the press, so I bought this nice Super-Pro kit.

20141222_085400_zpsediueohj.jpg

It has already paid for itself.

20141222_085103_zpswzgc2vvz.jpg

I rather enjoyed taking my time and getting everything looking nice. It was refreshing not having the pressure of working to a dead line, and getting paid to work on your own car is a bonus.

20141224_141846_zpsm4zlasn2.jpg

With everything painted and the subframe collars fitted, it's ready to go back in.

20141224_141812_zpsvujbbjgu.jpg

I'm currently away doing the whole family thing for Christmas, so hopefully motivation remains high and I can get some more work done over the break.

• Like 2