SAU Community

Richos R33 Gtst

ssxRicho

• 2 months later...

Power doesn't seem to over the top

which makes me wonder why others with similar tyres dont have this much of an issue.

makes me wonder about the things I suggested, but also the engine set-up and where peak boost/torque is at. (stock cams, unlike other modified cars so peak figures arent pushed further back into the rev range. ie too much down low, potentially?)

Need more tyre

So much more

The 33 is on the control AD08R and I can't get 295 under the rear without cutting.

The S14 was only on 265 RE55s. It needs some 296 AO50 for sure.

which makes me wonder why others with similar tyres dont have this much of an issue.

makes me wonder about the things I suggested, but also the engine set-up and where peak boost/torque is at. (stock cams, unlike other modified cars so peak figures arent pushed further back into the rev range. ie too much down low, potentially?)

On the AD08 there is a fine ballance of where you want the torque to come on. As the tyre doesn't like shock loading.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 16 July 2016 at 10:32 PM, AMR33 said:

What's happening with this?

Making some changes so that it can be log booked under 3D sports sedans.

- removing the ignition barrel (steering lock)

- wire in push button start

- remote battery isolator

- improve the cooling (oil and water)

image.jpeg

• Like 2

8 hours ago, fatz said:

Have not red the rules but I am impressed with what you can do in this clubs print class 

great read as well

It's you to be good to put some sticky tyres in and see how it goes.

Hey, how did you fit 10" wheels under the guard if you don't mind? Did you have to limit the amount of steering lock so that the wheel wouldn't hit the control arm? It doesn't seem to poke out of the guards at all.

Edited by TyresBro

On 8 August 2016 at 3:19 AM, TyresBro said:

Hey, how did you fit 10" wheels under the guard if you don't mind? Did you have to limit the amount of steering lock so that the wheel wouldn't hit the control arm? It doesn't seem to poke out of the guards at all.

It's a 10 + 38 with a 15mm spacer. The tyre gets close to the body and the arm but doesn't touch.

The guards front and rear are rolled flat.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 17/07/2013 at 8:25 AM, ssxRicho said:

front castor -7 deg

front camber -3 deg

front tow +0.8mm (ea)

rear camber -1.7 deg

rear tow -0.5 (ea)

The camber settings change a little as we lift the front and rear regularly to find balance for the conditions. This also changes the tow slightly, though not much with the R33 arms.

I haven't got any adjustable arms on the rear, so the standard camber bolts are pushed all the way to max positive.

Wheel alignment settings go together with the spring choice, sway-bar setup, rake etc.

So from what I can see you just have Cusco upper adjustable arms and running -3 degree camber... Anything I've missed? How do the front tyre shoulders fair at -3?

On 25/09/2016 at 1:13 PM, Tangles01 said:

So from what I can see you just have Cusco upper adjustable arms and running -3 degree camber... Anything I've missed? How do the front tyre shoulders fair at -3?

They are ok at -3, the outside temps get 10 or so degrees higher than the inside. If you can, run 3.5-4.