SAU Community

Richos R33 Gtst

ssxRicho

I have the 4.3 ring and pinion if you want to try and wake up a few revs. I get what you mean about gear change but its definitely the less of the evils looking at how lazy it is out of Dandy and on to the straights. It looks lazier than my RB20 with a TD06

I have the 4.3 ring and pinion if you want to try and wake up a few revs. I get what you mean about gear change but its definitely the less of the evils looking at how lazy it is out of Dandy and on to the straights. It looks lazier than my RB20 with a TD06

I have a 4.3 with a nismo 2 way in it. We have been using it up to date. But the 1.5 way provide much better turn in.

Lol..wow and its still that lazy. Are you still in the std manifild? Maybe if you want the power you need to get a better manifold in it.

I have gone 4.1 as it will give me better drive using 2nd and 17" tyre i run at places like Sandown and Winton.

Lol..wow and its still that lazy. Are you still in the std manifild? Maybe if you want the power you need to get a better manifold in it.

I have gone 4.1 as it will give me better drive using 2nd and 17" tyre i run at places like Sandown and Winton.

Just to carify, it has the 4.11 1.5 way in it at the moment. However only for the last two Sandowns. Previous to that it had a 4.3 2 way for the last 18 months.

I do like the 4.3 ratio and punchiness out of the corners, but the 1.5 way turn in is amazing.

So a 4.3 1.5 way would be killer.

• 2 weeks later...

Well done in the shootout John! Very entertaining! :)

Was good to watch!!!!!!

Well done mate!!

great effort, you should be proud.

I reckon the Open and pro guys have you to thank for drying out the track :P

Nice drift

WTAC2015 by Erin Hourigan, on Flickr

Thanks everyone.

Finishing 4th in Club and fastest RWD in club. The car didn't have a huge amount left in it, we could have dipped into the 1.40's but that lap didn't come together.

Putting the 4.11 diff in the car was the wrong move, but we go on top of that early on Thursday in testing, changed back to the 4.3.

• 3 weeks later...

Amazing work...huge crecit to you to be getting the results you do. You almost motivate me to get my car back out there but tired of being broke

Doesn't need massive HP, just be reliable. Worst thing is working on it more than driving it.

Doesn't need massive HP, just be reliable. Worst thing is working on it more than driving it.

Yeh, my problem is my Skyline is still a road car and after 14 years of club/track work it had really taken its toll and so much of it was worn and need replacing. Woudl have bene easier to go and buy a neat std R32 and put my good gear in it and go dedicated track R32..but meh...when the R32 is back on the road it will be a tidy and reliable bus and hopefully a tad quicker than it used to be to boot

Yep learnt that one. Front mount plenum cost a lot of headache. Fabricator buggered my motor and it's never been the same since.

Just took out my motor with buggered bearings and about to put the replacement one in during the week.

Yes, less dicking around means less dicking around.

• 1 month later...

Had the left side of the engine bay out over the weekend replacing the exhaust manifold gasket. Which had blown out 1,2 and 6 cyl.

40E7B9F6-C24B-4578-90E7-838F6C3751A8.jpg

However once we got the manifold off, we opted to change that as well. The one that was on there had never been swaped out, so 19yrs of service. The last 3 pretty much all track days. Another standard manifold has gone back on.

CA91BB29-ACD9-459E-868A-741820AAF772.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...