SAU Community

Inspection Mechanics In Sydney

Hi guys, I'm hoping to be a V35 owner soon, but before I am I'd like to get the vehicle checked over by someone who knows what to look for in these.

Can anyone recommend some good mechanics or workshops in Sydney where I could do this?

Cheers!

could get an nrma inspection.....you get a comprehensive checklist would be the same as a mechanic doing it in my opinion. v35 were aus delivered if im correct

Thorough inspections Hayden can be performed at JLM aka JapLink 21-23 bridge St Rydalmere.

This is also a Compliance and Blue Slip Centre.

Ph: 96383205

Mob: 0425773682

Ask for Todd - SAU Members get good rates.

He might let you inspect from underneath the prospective purchase too.

could get an nrma inspection.....you get a comprehensive checklist would be the same as a mechanic doing it in my opinion. v35 were aus delivered if im correct

Your incorrect.

It is effectively a 350z underneath, however not many general mechanics know these cars well.

My suggestion would be to read up on these forums, you'll find 1/2 dozen common issues, and get a recommended mechanic or nrma to inspect the car.

one good thing that shows engine condition on these is the inside of the intake plenum. If the owner allows you to take it appart, t will show the Kms, and blow by.

It would depend which engine he was going for, the DD's are always going to be caked in carbon deposits due to the direct injection alone, not to mention the EGR gasses. Very hard to tell engine condition by plenum cleanliness as it may have been cleaned out recently.

You need to get the car onto a hoist and check for rust in the chassis, listen to the engine for rattles, and check the interior for wear. If the interior isn't brand spanking new there is no way that V35 only has 69,000k's on it.

Once you buy, change all the fluids asap.

Thanks for the tips guys, sounds like japlink is the place to go then!

There seems to be a lot of these cars on the market at the moment so I'll need to sift through the bad ones! Hopefully there mostly good!