SAU Community

R32 Power Window And Dash Problem

Hey all,

It's cold, and i'm tired, and i'm sick of working on my car atm. RB25DET NEO swapper R32 gts-t chassis.

Power windows, and the dash (tacho and fuel sender) is not working. Cannot find any wiring diagrams at all for the power windows, i looked through the R32 GTR complete service manual and i cannot find anything for the life of me. Doing shitloads of googling and it seems a few other people on here and GTROC etc etc are having the same issuse.

Power windows don't respond to any inputs and they are not getting any power to them.

Does anyone have any idea how they get power? It must be pulled from the same spot as the dash gets power from yeah? I will have a look at some wiring diagrams and try and chase it later. I'm just over it at the moment haha >_<

Also why is there not an electrical/wiring subforum?

wiring/electrical issue problem resolution seem to be out of the reach of most on this forum hence why there is no subforum, time for you to see an electrician

Edited by StevenCJR31

Yeah i understand that wiring problems are especially hard to diagnose over the internet, but i bet a lot of the basic ones could get sorted and it would be a good place to put up a collection of wiring diagrams and conversion loom stuff.

Anyway i am thinking about just taking it to an auto-elec but i am hoping its something as simple as a relay not working or something getting a bad earth.

Does anyone have any idea what the 4 relays next to the fuse block under the steering wheel do?

Hey, I hit this problem in my RB25 conversion, buck gets ten you don't have brake lights or turn signals either. Its your main 75 amp fuse. Even if you didnt need one before, after the swap you do. All your accessories run off the 75 amp main. Try bridging it with some wire and see if your accessories come on.

Should mention that everything else works, auto door locks, stereo, dash lights, high beam lights on dash, indicator lights on dash all work. No other lights (cat warning temp/check engine, handbrake etc) lights come on at all though :S

Hm, could be a difference in a NEO swap to my S1 swap, but all I know is my cluster and windows didn't work without a 75A Main. Was that the resistance your Fuse had? If so, I'd say it's good, yes.

• 1 month later...

did you solve this problem? im having same problem everything works except windows and rev guage, i have a clicking relay under dash a round black 1 and the wires are getting hot my drivers windows works for 2 seconds then the round relay clicks aswel i replaced relay and still clicks. this started after i hooked battery up backwards must be a ground sumwhere i cant find i found 1 burnt out and replaced but must be another 1 sumwhere have ripped the whole dash and carpet out cant see anything think i might have to go to sparky

• 1 month later...

i ended up tracing the clicking relay to the window amp in passenger door unplugged it fixed it all windows started working again and no clicking must have fryed rev gauge putting battery backwards got a new amp and my window started working again

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Hey all

Im from Jamaica. hopefully this bit of info can help... will provide pics where i can

i just bought a R32 gtst..... previous person did some conversions and trust me, they really did a number on the wiring

since night me n my friend took it out for a drive... after really punching it i realized the cluster went dead, gauge controllers were dead, and powewr windows didnt work anymore..

i did some digging and realized that there was a bridged wire to the fuse box.... it was bridged to 10A meter fuse under the dash..

not sure what it was connected to but will check and let u guys know...

i literally just found out tonight and i found it quite shocking but will post soon..... im hoping i can really help

as i promised

but this is truly some really shabby wiring

last night my cluster went dead no spedo no nothing and also my boost gauges were dead and also power windows would work...

that yellow wire in the pic was the culprit(the one coming from the fuse box) ... im not sure what wire it is connected to there ut it seems to be factury wiring (blue with white or grey dots)

according to the fuse box label... the one its connected to is for the air conditioner (wrong size fuse there too)

so guys u know this car has to be really rewired... lol

post-135610-0-02223600-1405613618_thumb.jpg

post-135610-0-31471100-1405613620_thumb.jpg

Edited by skylinekid_9

• 2 years later...

Sorry to drag up an old topic, but I'm having this issue as we speak and can't find the cause!  Speedo cluster is getting no ignition power, in turn the alternator will not charge, no power windows working. All other electrics work fine, car still runs ok. Would appreciate any help! Thanks