SAU Community

R34Gt-Four And R32Gtr Or R33Gtr Awd Same?

Hi gents how are you all?

I tried to do a search on this bout could not find much, in saying that i found out alot of info on r32gtr and r33+r34 gtr awd syustems.

Is the R34GT-4 awd system the r32GTR type (easy to RWD convert via switch) or is it the newer R33 GTR type with the preloaded hydraulics wich burn out the clutches if you dont disconect the drive shft.

Thanks for the help guys much appreciated

Yee i have read that section and understand all that on a Stagea thanx guys,

But still leaves me with the question what type of AWD system is used on the r34 GT-4?

Is it just a matter of changeing the two computers and you can change from new style to old?

r34 gt4 uses r33gtr gearbox, different hicas module too, GTR does 100 calculations a sec while the stagea or GT4 only do 10 from memory, dont quote me on that tho. (that is any car with ETS-Pro vs standard ETS)
GT4 uses thinner drive shafts, different tail shaft and a different diff too compared to a gtr.
only the Stagea rs4-S and rs260 had a GTR driveline. rs4-S however didnt have the brembos.

R34 gt-4 should have a green plug under your driver side kick panel, unplug, start car and pump brake a min of 5 times in the first 3 seconds. 4WD light has to flash, cant stay lit. then you are in RWD mode.

did this to my stagea for the 3 years i had it, never had a problem, gripped perfectly when re engaged, no shudders or weird noises.