SAU Community

The Irony That Is Copied/fake Wheels

I'm no expert on this matter, but I think there needs to be disambiguation between fake wheels and copied wheels.

From what i know Rota copy wheels designs. I don't see any problem with copying wheel designs so long as they are quality. From my limited experience Rota seems fine, quality wise. Sure there are pictures of broken ones around but for every broken one how many have copped years of track abuse with no problems? Also how many of those busted wheels are due to external factors not associated with the manufacturing process?

Fake would be wheels not made by the original manufacturer but begin passed off as originals. I've rarely seen that anything which falls into this category, not just rims, that are anything other than shit quality. It's these fakes that people should be wary of.

I'm no expert on this matter, but I think there needs to be disambiguation between fake wheels and copied wheels.

From what i know Rota copy wheels designs. I don't see any problem with copying wheel designs so long as they are quality. From my limited experience Rota seems fine, quality wise. Sure there are pictures of broken ones around but for every broken one how many have copped years of track abuse with no problems? Also how many of those busted wheels are due to external factors not associated with the manufacturing process?

Fake would be wheels not made by the original manufacturer but begin passed off as originals. I've rarely seen that anything which falls into this category, not just rims, that are anything other than shit quality. It's these fakes that people should be wary of.

Nailed it on the head.