SAU Community

The Irony That Is Copied/fake Wheels

Though ROTAs a copies of other people's designs, I'd be under the assumption they are safer than the Chinese/Malaysian copies, especially since the ROTAs meet the JWL standard.

Edit: they also manufacture for OEM too.. Just found that out.

Edited by iseekool

JLM informed me of 2 failed/fractured ROTAs this year alone.

So now I'm thinking, "Were they ROTA copies?"

Or is that what ROTA would like me to believe?

That is concerning! I considered a set of these for track at one stage BUT this is a good reason to steer clear!

LeCIZUI.jpg

That is concerning! I considered a set of these for track at one stage BUT this is a good reason to steer clear!

LeCIZUI.jpg

It looks as though that rim has taken a massive hit. Look at the "gutter rash" on the front of it (it's not so much rash but blunt force trauma). That's a big hit and it looks like the force was perpendicular to the rim. I doubt any rim would be able to withstand what that wheels appears to have taken.

Some people's immediate reaction will be "wow, I better make sure I get genuine Rotas, not fakes" so they'll look very carefully at any wheels carrying the name. People will start advertising "genuine Rotas, not cheap fakes" and prices may even start to rise a little. Rotas become valued for not being fakes and Rota raise the new price to capitalise on the brand value even though they don't cost them any extra to produce.

Well played Rota, well played...

Some people's immediate reaction will be "wow, I better make sure I get genuine Rotas, not fakes" so they'll look very carefully at any wheels carrying the name. People will start advertising "genuine Rotas, not cheap fakes" and prices may even start to rise a little. Rotas become valued for not being fakes and Rota raise the new price to capitalise on the brand value even though they don't cost them any extra to produce.

Well played Rota, well played...

genuine Rotas... thats an oxymoron rite? might as well say genuine fakes... LOL

Whilst touring in Ephesus, I struck this...

One Aussie in our touring party bought 10, trying to find one that worked as well as looked good > fancied himself as a ladies' man.

He bought 10 more in Pisa lol.

Not a ROTA owner but I guess these guys are coming from a quality point of view. Yes there are plenty of the few photos floating around the net of cracked ROTAs, though they meet standards (whichever they are) but given the wheel design, people have higher expectations from them and use them out of their designed purpose.

Working in at a auto dismantler (disclaimer: not related to my wrecks, completely separate things), people tend to bash the shit out of ROTA while the genuine wheels by Subaru, Nissan, toyota, almost every make, have shattered to the point even I wonder how it happened.