SAU Community

Deca Wrap Up - August 31 2013

NUTWGN

Yep

Great day perfect weather and plenty of drinking after.

Thanks to the crew of volunteers who helped out this time around . Without you guys this event would not run so cheers .

Hope the evo guy didn't have to much drama getting home. And I hope the motel guy isn't to pissed with us. Would be a lot of crap

To clean up this morning. And it was only a little fire..lol.

• Like 1

Yep

Great day perfect weather and plenty of drinking after.

Thanks to the crew of volunteers who helped out this time around . Without you guys this event would not run so cheers .

Hope the evo guy didn't have to much drama getting home. And I hope the motel guy isn't to pissed with us. Would be a lot of crap

To clean up this morning. And it was only a little fire..lol.

I checked with him when we went back to pick up our trailer this arvo after lunch & he was ok :)

Clearly I missed fire? Lol!

Kebab run was fun. Thanks Campbell & mate for the loan of the VL :)

Great turn out guys and girls!

I had a heap of fun!!

Thanks to all the volunteers that put their hands up and made the day happen!

As always I hope the drivers know that without them, the day would not happen!

Thanks to the guys that help at lunch to set up stuff and pack up other stuff...

For those clowns that go home on the Saturday night ... pfffftttt to you.... you missed out on so much fun!

Saturday night was a classic, so much fun was had!

To the dude in the EVO... you're a lucky dude and I hope you thanked the crew that got your car out of the ditch. (Great effort btw boys)

Rollover - sucks man... those days you'd rather forget but you made up for it on Saturday night!

EKat - thanks for not killing the car! I had a heap of fun!!

Lowry - Jerk.

Bellend - can't wait for the vids.

Could go on forever about the fun we had but wouldn't want to give anything away for those that don't come up!

FEW BAD THINGS ....

People speeding in the car park or driving fast where people stand - I have a few cars that I will remember for next time and if I see you speeding I will be kicking you out.

Plain and simple.

The track and skid pan is where you do your fast stuff and if you feel the need to keep speeding then this is the wrong car club for you.

Burnouts in the line for the skid pan - next time I see this I will ban you from any future DECA's that I'm the Clerk of Course for.

This is simply stupid.

Arms hanging out of cars - Read the Regs... this is an obvious one too, but yet some people think they can do what they like.

ARMS MUST BE INSIDE THE CAR WHILE IN COMPETITION.

These things are here for the safety of others and yourselves and are imposed on us by AASA and are not a suggestion but a MUST DO.

If you don't like the rules then go and make your own car club and run your own events.

If an organiser asks you to do something related to safety don't just think they are suggesting this to you, THEY ARE TELLING YOU and they don't have to be nice about it... if you are in the wrong, then suck it up and you shouldn't have to be asked again.

We are all there to have fun but safety comes first

• Like 2

Some in car vids from NUTR33:

First timed long wang run

Second timed long wang run, including some grass skating lol

Final skid pan battle:

More pics & vid coming but I'm buggered so for now that's it.

Once again a well run and organised event!!!

Thanks heaps to the organisers and volunteers!!!

I think all of those bad points were one main car, that fuy was a complete d### and in my oppinion should have been kicked out beforw the battles, first deca I have been to that I have seen someone be such a clown off the tracks.

Anyway again a BIG, HUGE, MASSIVE thanks to volunteers and organiser's.

Can we please change the name of the SAU club to 86/BRZ Club as I feel that would be more accurate..... There were more of those than everything else put together! Obviously a good fun little car by the looks of things.

Be nice to actually have a few more Skylines there next time however!

Not sure which of the 2 orange S13's it was I saw but dude you can drive! Some nice drifting in the battles!

Hope to join in next time and represent for team Skyline!

Lowry - Jerk.

what'd I do? :P

also big thanks to the volunteers for helping run the day, deca wouldn't run without you guys

guy with the evo, hope nothing major happened to your car, gave my winch a nice workout pulling it up haha

Good times.

Leon you nailed it. Bottom line is we run this event because we want to. Everyone is welcome but if you do something that will jeopardise someone's safety or our insurance then you will be booted. Showing off is for on the track. If you cant impress there you sure aint going to in the carpark.

Flip side is we cannot run these days without all the work that goes into organising it, nor can anything happen without the volunteers on the day. To the girls organising the paperwork, all the boys who scrutineer cars, Wayne who rallies the volunteers and everyone (especially jake) who lends a hand to set up/pack up at lunch and then pack up at the end of the day, you all f'ing rock.

Was nice not to enter, good to watch people drive/try. The pathfinder managed a timed lap of the back track, will be interesting to see if its faster than any cars, you'd hope not ;). Here is a bit of footage from the day anyway.

• Like 1

Damn Ryan! That footage turned out awesomely! :worship:

I caught the EVO going off in the background of one of my videos... Followed by my adventure into the grass/mud. Ill post it up when i get a chance..

Thanks to the volunteers especially the people who seem to do it time and time again. Absolute legends in my book :thumbsup:

Edited by mark33gtst

Another top effort by the organisers and volunteers, couldn't have asked for better weather either. Haven't had that much fun on the skid pan in a long time, even if I did completely fark up half the layouts.

Shame about the stupidity off the track, thought I was just being a grumpy old fart.