SAU Community

Thought Id Upgrade :)

adambruv

these here are my mates wheels i test fitted. They are 20 x 10 +30, The 19 x 10.5 +23 would make it sit out roughly 13mm more. With stretched tyres and the guards rolled should sit bang on i think. even if it has a little bit of poke. Who dosn't like poke ? :P

1598298_10152202293557697_3321513_n_zpsf

Edited by adambruv
  • Like 1

Well, good luck rolling plastic. You'll have to roll the guard that is behind the plastic, as it's just the normal one. Then you have to deal with the plastic.

And I don't like poke. It's for kids in civics with roof rack wind deflectors and huffy sliders...

Well, good luck rolling plastic. You'll have to roll the guard that is behind the plastic, as it's just the normal one. Then you have to deal with the plastic.

And I don't like poke. It's for kids in civics with roof rack wind deflectors and huffy sliders...

dealing with the plastic is easy enough, ill just trim it like in the photo shown. Take the flare off, Roll the guard, trim the flare, put back on. Bobs your uncle.

1596441_10152202331832697_1028111319_o_z

Agree poke is gaids. As well as stretch.

Good luck with that, it is double skinned. I think he will have issues pumping it out much.

Take pics for us, I am sure there are many looking to upgrade to 10.5's, including myself, but I don't want to run 225 tyres, it defeats the point.

Is now the time for a physics lesson on why wider tyres don't put more rubber on the road, just change the shape of the contact patch...?

The exceptions are if you a) lower the air pressure or b) add more weight to the car (can also be weight added by aero at speed).

The biggest issue is in wet weather when the wider tyres aquaplane much sooner. Of course some of this can be offset by getting better performing tyres.

I suppose suffering for fashion isn't just a girl thing, lol.

Amazing looking car, I'm very jealous.

I am currently looking around to find something similar to your ride mate.

Not that it matters at all, but I gotta agree with some of the other folks here, poke and stretch just aint for me, it's more for those "civic kids" that speak in hashtags.... #yolo #nomakeup #nofilter #selfiefridays :P

Maybe I'm just showing my age a bit there but I like it just the way it is.

You're aiming to be a civic?

And you think there is something wrong with us...?

:rolleyes:

But srs, do whatever you want with your car. Its yours. But understand that not everyone is like omfgherrastancebrolostmyshiz over that kind of car.

Looks like it would be about as comfortable as a jackhammer.

This isn't going to be a daily driver then I take it? every time you go over a speedhumb... SCRUB, every time you go up a drive way.... SCRUB, every time you go over anything but mirror flat road..... SCRUB.

I think it looks good if it's parked for show at Autosalon, but I can't see it being great to drive.

As has been said, it's your car, do what you want and don't worry about anyone elses opinion. :) good luck

This isn't going to be a daily driver then I take it? every time you go over a speedhumb... SCRUB, every time you go up a drive way.... SCRUB, every time you go over anything but mirror flat road..... SCRUB.

I think it looks good if it's parked for show at Autosalon, but I can't see it being great to drive.

As has been said, it's your car, do what you want and don't worry about anyone elses opinion. :) good luck

That is one of the definitions of a "hard park". They love scrub, if you do not scrub you cannot hard park.

Whatever floats the boat. If you love it you gotta do it.

I personally think the stagea looks good with a bit of poke n stretch with such low, but it just turns a practical car impractical.

Have fun and enjoy :P.

• Like 1

haha defiantly not. Car only gets driven on weekends. Stored away in the shed during the week.

This is what im aiming for, If you guys don't like this... I think there is something wrong :P

5052920514_758d350282_b_zps975e75b5.jpg

if you want that much tyre on the road get 4 space savers, crome them up and put massive spacers behind them.