SAU Community

Reinstalling Turbo On R33 Gts-T

hey people just wondering how I would go about reinstalling a turbo on my r33 gts-t as i assume the previous owner removed the turbo due to high performance laws. i'm still on my p's at the moment myself but possibly looking to get bits and pieces for when i'm on my full licence, trying to make it legal or as close to legal as possible. n00b question but what parts ect, would i need? appreciate all the help/advice i can get

Are you sure they just pulled off the turbo? A Turbo engine with no turbo would be crazy slow due to the lower comp. Also, I didnt think it was actually legal to take the turbo off and drive it as they still consider it a turbo car?

Anyways, first step is check the car ever had a turbo on it.

To check whether its a factory turbo the easiest and most simple way is to answer these two questions:

1. Is the GT badge on the front quarter panels RED OR BLUE? Red = GTST ~ Blue = GTS

2. Is your car 4 stud or 5 stud? 5 = GTST ~ 4 = GTS

People change the hubs but almost never change the badges.

If the turbo was removed the car will run like crap and be awfully, dreadfully slow.

ALSO, the car is still ILLEGAL to drive on your p plates as its still a TURBOCHARGED car. Just because a turbocharger is removed doesnt make it legal. Its still a factory turbo, and is registered as such. Getting caught = fine, loss of liscence. Crashing = VOIDED insurance.

Nothing you do will make the car legal for a P Plater. Find turbocharged bits, reinstall. Sell car or keep until off your p's.

Edited by Bennis

LOL @ these threads. I wonder if these are all just kids with N/A 'lines, trying to figure out how to boost them without seeming dodgy, but in the process, looking like a dumbass.

You need one of these bruh:

gallery_50342_21087_1775674884ac58d5b4ec

There's so many of these threads already, do a search, you'll avoid the embarrassment.

The 25det has 9:1 CR

That is not low compression by any means and whilst (obviously) slower than being turbo charged it WILL be fine until optimusgrime can bolt the turbo gear back on it

This is not 1986 when turbo sohc rb had 7:8 to 1 CR

The 25det has 9:1 CR

That is not low compression by any means and whilst (obviously) slower than being turbo charged it WILL be fine until optimusgrime can bolt the turbo gear back on it

This is not 1986 when turbo sohc rb had 7:8 to 1 CR

That's a good point! I must have been flashing back to my vl turbo days :)