SAU Community

How Far With Nistune ?

Stealth400

The Nistune won't be what holds you back, but you should be looking at stronger head studs and beefing up the auto if you plan to push it. No reason the stock engine won't produce 400kw plus if you can get some ethanol into it. Reliably? That's anyone's guess.

Computer will do what you tell it ! I'm running stock neo with mls head gasket and studs and have been making 338kw on 16psi for a while now using e85, been meaning to turn boost up and retune for a while :)

Ok I have just fully forged the engine, ARP headstuds, steel head gasket. All the head refreshed seals ect. New crank, new pulleys, damper. New pumps (oil,water) belts. M V autos stage 2 valve body, billet servo piston, and band.

E boost 2, stage 2 steel hybrid OP6 tubbie. Nistune.

Will be fitting a 6 boost twin scroll manifold and a GTX35.

What I'm asking is where is the nistune limit ?

Can it handle this safe ?

Or do I need to look at get a standalone ecu to look after things ?

Nistune does not have a "limit" as such. It can be used to tune to what ever your engine can make (200kw or 1200kw) but if you are flush a more expensive ecu such as Link or Motec will give you a few more features. Since you already have the Nistune just go with that until you have found a reason to replace it. I would get a GTR box first with the power you are looking to make. I presume you have already upgraded afm, fuel system, brakes and suspension.

I'm not too good with this stuff, so correct me if I'm wrong.

A nistune will hold as much power as you want and what your afm and other parts etc can handle, so all it can do is tune your mods.

Some stand alone computers have other features, like: launch controle, map sensors, digital displays(nistune can do this with ecu talk), inbuilt boost controllers etc.

I have not seen the maps and parameters of the air ign fuel on a nistune so I can't comment on which one will give you a more precise tune.

I'd firstly work out how much power you want and what mods you have done and then work out if your sensors and equipment can handle it. But that's why you're in here, someone to help you and who has had a similar setup.

Call Dvs Jez and book in a time to go see him in nsw on the central coast. He has probably dealt with your setup before and can tell you what you need or don't need to achieve your power/circuit/drag times/goals.

Ok I have just fully forged the engine, ARP headstuds, steel head gasket. All the head refreshed seals ect. New crank, new pulleys, damper. New pumps (oil,water) belts. M V autos stage 2 valve body, billet servo piston, and band.

Nice list, but what injectors are you going for? Have you installed a decent fuel pump? Have you matched the torque converter to the GTX35? Is the exhaust a free flowing 3.5 inch system? Are you close by an e85 servo? These questions are much more important than the Nistune one you asked.

I fabricated some parts for a GTX35 setup on an RB25 the other day, it made 430kw at fairly reasonable boost on the factory manifold, with plenty in reserve. I just hope you have the rest of the supporting mods, it's probably good for 500kw on a perfect setup. Here is the graph for comparison, yours will be a little laggier I would assume.

post-63525-0-72119500-1380418104_thumb.jpg

post-63525-0-67856300-1380418124_thumb.jpg

post-63525-0-49633300-1380418177_thumb.jpg

post-63525-0-48964000-1380418189_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Other mods -- Z32 Afm , sards 550cc injectors , CP pistons,BC rods,ACL bearing all round,255 fuel pump , 3" turbo back free flow , AEM AFR , R33GTR front/rear brakes, Tein coilovers,3.5" large front mount IC, Apexi air filter, apexi twin piston dump valve. 14 row oil cooler remote filter, R34GTR wheels, R34GTR bumper and lights from the car that set the R34GTR lap record of the Nurburgring. Masa body kit with R34GTR rear fenders all painted KH3. Not that most of the mods are relevant to my tread question.

Reason I ask was a tuner told me he would like to push past 400kw on a nistune. He said that after 400kw he would push the nistune due to the basic limits it supports stock.

I want a pic of this car!!! So it's got a 34 gtr front conversion ? And rear gaurds???? Your tuner is incorrect your nisstune is capable well past that but your fuel system and injectors will not get you any where close! If mike says its rated for 400 he would know ! But I know they used to be rated to 315 . Also over 350 if your looking for big numbers it starts to pay to go for a ffp , and even with an auto at 400 be prepared to start snapping the puny axles . Don't forget that your trans will soak up approx 12-15% drive train loss as well

Yep along with the GTR box I have GTR diffs and axles which are bigger than the stock Stagea items. Have you put up a pic lately? Would be nice to see the R34 conversion

and even with an auto at 400 be prepared to start snapping the puny axles . Don't forget that your trans will soak up approx 12-15% drive train loss as well

I run a surge and a 044 and 1000cc injectors I would prob even upgrade that over 400. Your 550 won't get you anywhere on e85 and about 240-270 ish at a guess on pump 300 if you use water/meth injection as well