SAU Community

Bushfire Appeal Charity Car Meet- Saturday, 23Rd Of November!

LU57IN

It's Time for the Car Scene to Unite to Support those In Need, devastated by the Blue Mountains Bush Fires! Just over 200 homes were destroyed in a matter of a few hours, no warning made it feel like an instant in retrospect. Some people have nothing left, lost priceless possessions, while others are without a home due to lack of insurance. Let's get together to show our support and strength as a community to raise some cash for The Salvation Army Bushfire Appeal.

DATE: Saturday afternoon, 23rd of November

WHERE: Sydney International Regatta Centre, Old Castlereagh Road, Penrith

STARTS/GATES OPEN: 1:30PM

CHARITY DONATION REQUIRED FOR ENTRY:

- $20 per car

ENDS: 6:30PM

This event is being organised with the Australian Motoring Enthusiasts Party (AMEP).

All funds raised through this event will be Distributed to The Salvation Army Bushfire Appeal!

P.S

I realize SAU Nationals are on the same date. Unfortunately, we can't change the date as this is the only time that works with our venue until the end of year. Hope to see some of you there.

It appears that 23rd Nov is now the final date.

1.30pm Sat...

Quite a few car clubs will be supporting this.

The Salvos have stated that there will be zero admin costs taken from donations for this.

It was a miracle that no-one died in the Springwood fire where about 200 homes were lost.

Single Ridges Rd which is a long feeder road to Yellow Rock is still blocked off.

It's a precarious stretch to live on, because there's only one way in or out + it runs east/west.

Maria and I were served by a waitress at the Ori pub the other night > her parents stuck it out in their home at Winmalee > but the neighbours houses on both sides were razed > how fortunate was that?

Salvos are a good cause!

Sorry for all the changes provided you've seen this event on facebook, we've run into some hurdles negotiating with prospective venues so we can set a date. The major issue was realizing the logistics involved with the basis of the event, which caused us to change the event from a Cruise into a Meet. As Terry said, the 23rd is the official date now, it is confired & locked in with Penrith Regatta Centre. We'll have:

- DJ Entertainment (and possibly a Live performance from a few entertainers)

- Raffle (there will be numerous prizes drawn)

- Trade Stands (available for any business for a $100 donation. Sponsor/advertising packages are also available)

- Police Display

- Rural Fire Service Display (to confirm)

- Food/Beverages (BBQ, Pizza, Pie's, etc. Cold Drinks & Coffee)

To confirm, this event is only a Car Meet to raise money for the Bushfire Appeal. It is not a show n shine, there will be no trophies as we've got too little time to organise this.

...............................................................................................

Explaining the issues:

Talking about logistics above, we've found it easier to organise a legitimate MEET rather than a CRUISE. The reason for this is, a legitimately organised cruise with over 1,000 cars requires working with RMS, Council, Poilce, etc. which will then require us to develop a Traffic Management Plans and speak with Solicitors. It's too much water to swim, in a time of urgency to fundraise for this cause. Plus, wokring with the AMEP, we need to ensure this event Is organised properly and I'm confident you can all understand the politics of why this is significant given their positiion.

Expense Issue (so we're clear on this):

While we have negotiated with the Venue (SIRC) to wave certain fees so we can maximise our donation toward the Bushfire Appeal, it is unfortuante that they could only give us a discount on the Hire Fee for the day. So this will be part of our expense! Another factor of our expense (at this stage) could be Public Liability as we still need to find a sponsor to cover this for us. If anyone knows any businesses, organisations or clubs willing to sponsor this event with Public Liability Insurance please Inbox me so we can discuss the opportunity.

Thanks guys, look forward to seeing some of you on the day. If you want any further clarity on any factors of organisation with this event, happy to talk via PM.

Edited by LU57IN

all sounds good and fair.

hope you get insurance on board as a sponsor.

this is literally just down the road from me too :(

...which means that if they ever put speed humps "down the road" there, it's because of you! :P

...which means that if they ever put speed humps "down the road" there, it's because of you! :P

im actually surprised they havnt already.

Id say its only because of the quarry trucks they havnt.

• 2 weeks later...

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• I had a similar situation with my R32 GTS4. I replaced that solenoid, but it hasn't solved the problem. So its possible the pump is failing. It seems you need to drop the diff in order to do anything that might fix this. So its important to know exactly what the problem is. Or just replace / repair everything while the diff is out.
    • Yep, I was supprised. Its all about flow rather then housing size.  Doing G35-900 Vs ATR45SS-1 Next. 62mm V 61mm. 
    • Of course sometimes you cannot go with the cheaper alternative but I try to weigh it up for the application - am I competing or am I going to the track ten times p/yr. As long as there’s enough information out there to back the cheaper alternative as a good option I’ll go for that.   I’m a bit of a bastard though as it’s my job to reduce costs, particularly on non income generating assets. EUR 500 saved for the diff + EUR 1,000 saved on BC racing over Bilstein and then say EUR 300 versus EUR 600 on an off brand windscreen versus OEM (for example) soon accumulates. I mean, I’m probably gonna put the car in the ditch anyway. Absolutely do not take this as a justification for always buying cheap shitty parts, just a rationale for doing your research and considering what’s necessary for your application.    
    • All the above effort, time, swapping out parts in the dark (i.e. no O2 data). You're literally running in the dark.
    • Looks like both of my cars have pressure switch issues. The R32 GTR has 18 flashes on the ATTESSA controller which is "ETS pressure switch circuit". The 4WD light is intermittent, and often just restarting the car clears it. There is an $300 replacement option https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/285675135148?itmmeta=01HXN3YKRGKQ08GRZ5KFKKZWJT&hash=item428390a0ac:g:6CcAAOSwWxBltMEG so if it becomes a permanent issue and I can confirm that the switch is the issue, i have a solution. The NM35 is reporting C1208, and disconnecting the switch causes the 4WD light to go away. Translating from the Japanese shop manual "when the pressure is reduced to 2.6MPa (377 psi) or less: conduction occurs when the pressure increases to 3.8MPa (550 psi) or less: conduction is present. Reference: • Immediately after the E-TS actuator motor stops, the pressure inside the accumulator is high and there is no continuity." Not sure how good the translation is but from what i can deduce this means the switch is normally closed (NC) and as the pressure builds from 0 to 550 psi the switch stays closed, then opens and 550 psi. As the pressure drops from 550 psi to 377 psi the switch stays open then closes again at 377 psi. Is that how these things work? These pressures are a lot higher than the R32 ("control pressure 0-228 psi") but i'm hoping i can find a generic switch (like they've done for the R32) to use as a replacement. Maybe something like https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/355586397452?epid=1676016964&itmmeta=01HXN534AF22ACTG6TGDDQGEQ7&hash=item52ca99d50c:g:mAEAAOSw8ilmBcMh&itmprp=enc%3AAQAJAAAA8LtWdNlWHgyJ%2F3cbw25S2A1lde3qBi3fJii4T3lQavCz4kpqiD42SmBa4FocMvXCjcxiowHjb8vZ8%2BWxc53BkHv781tkStSnCDaenfGKC3bIp0keK20dfsn9LoPa3TfqaEmAydqqyKobgTdXsGGzsl%2BRjOVGuD8OIpOv%2B0wMl7aUtHg0iJtojbtzA%2BRS8Xfm8Ufjuvz4niwrqglAXFUbkL6J%2FGuHPeeECZhLBBN3iNM1Swl94Fv5zE95YK%2B5O6dxDN1ySNOjdMxkA8yaprbuwRHFQv1nlGh%2FWjekj6EUFR2%2FO4HTsoKtSAkY0Mj1w1uf1w%3D%3D|tkp%3ABk9SR6zFjKXtYw but with a lower close pressure, and thread adapter if required. Am i dreaming?