SAU Community

Dandenong

Gw2

So i went out driving at around 11 30pm at night, just went for a nice relaxing drive. Decided to drive to endeavour hills, i live like 2mins away from it. Its 80 up there, was at the second set of lights, just going slow, changing gears at like 2700rpm, doing about 70, see this red vy or vz ss come flying past me. eventually he gets caught at the lights, as do i. so im next to him at the lights, hes windows were tinted black as hell, he starts reving me on trying to race him, i didnt do anything, thought it might of been an undercover, the car looked like an undercover, maybe i was too worried who knows lol. I drive down more approaching narre warren north, see a mazda mx6 with an after market exhaust come next to me at lights trying to race me, guy lauches as soon as the lights go green. Never realised id get so many people trying to race me because of my car lol, it does bring attention. Also was driving near the chisholm tafe in dandy, saw 2 cops around that area, i was expecting them to follow me or pull me over as ive heard from other skyline owners, they didnt give a shit about my car, just overtook me or turned into a street. Rather unexpected, makes me not worry much about cops now, but kinda sad they dont give a crap about my car lol.

Depends how your car looks too, if it looks clean, good tyres, no tail light issues, not lowered and on big wheels, they wont bother you.

Its also how you look.

One new years eve just after midnight when the fire works started i was on Kingsway i gave the car a light squirt across a few lanes to make a U turn and in seconds had Hwy Patrol up my arse.

I told the wife to put the window down as i did a U turn, coppers followed, they got next to me and saw a late 40's couple driving and just took off.......

Now if it was my son driving, or i was in my 20's, maybe some tatts thrown in for good measure, it would have been a different situation.....

• Like 2

So i went out driving at around 11 30pm at night, just went for a nice relaxing drive. Decided to drive to endeavour hills,

You should of gone upto emerald for a nice relaxing drive, you just go straight up wellington road.

lol if you look closely there was another undercover cop car behind the one behind me.

7 officers, all because they thought my plates were home made..

let me take a pic, said have a nice day and that was that..

but yeh i don't know why i was boxed in, thats how they stopped be. i was already parking the car lol

because tactical response team.......

So i went out driving at around 11 30pm at night, just went for a nice relaxing drive. Decided to drive to endeavour hills, i live like 2mins away from it. Its 80 up there, was at the second set of lights, just going slow, changing gears at like 2700rpm, doing about 70, see this red vy or vz ss come flying past me. eventually he gets caught at the lights, as do i. so im next to him at the lights, hes windows were tinted black as hell, he starts reving me on trying to race him, i didnt do anything, thought it might of been an undercover, the car looked like an undercover, maybe i was too worried who knows lol. I drive down more approaching narre warren north, see a mazda mx6 with an after market exhaust come next to me at lights trying to race me, guy lauches as soon as the lights go green. Never realised id get so many people trying to race me because of my car lol, it does bring attention. Also was driving near the chisholm tafe in dandy, saw 2 cops around that area, i was expecting them to follow me or pull me over as ive heard from other skyline owners, they didnt give a shit about my car, just overtook me or turned into a street. Rather unexpected, makes me not worry much about cops now, but kinda sad they dont give a crap about my car lol.

dandenong is pretty chilled , theres a lot of imports around there so they dont really raise an eyebrow when they see one...go further north around Knox where you have the elitist anti import police squad you may have issues...

and yeah its always the knob jockeys in v6s trying to race....and truth be told they could give you a run for your money too...but while they might beat a few handfuls of stock skylines driven by people who have no interest in racing them...sooner or later they will get their ass handed to them by a real one ;)

Get a window sticker

"IF YOU DON'T HAVE 8 CYLINDERS OR AT LEAST 1 TURBO ON YOUR CAR, I WILL NOT WASTE MY TIME RACING YOU"

Still risky if an undercover sees you at the lights next to an auto v6 commo with an exhaust, the commo launches, and you can still get done for street racing even if you don't go for it... At half throttle and zero psi I still take off faster and louder than most cars at the lights.

Like everyone is saying if you don't draw attention like spending or racing at lights cops look the other way in dandenong.

I have lived and worked in dandenong for the last 10years, with a R33 that had 3"straight exhaust with cannon, and the only time I ever got pulled over was doing something stupid.

I wasn't doing anything stupid when I got pulled over?

I find it's more luck of the draw. If the copper is in a shitty mood, they will probably pull you over.

All you can do is be polite and hope that nothing else comes from it

Iv lived in dandy area for last 13 years. Iv had modified imports most that time and lately on my second gtr. I gotta say cops are pretty good around here, iv rarely been pulled over even tho I do get their attention and the looks as it does stand out. I get followed at times for license checks and what not but I have a good record so they just leave me alone. The times I was pulled over when I offered to pop the bonnet last two times they didn't wanna look at all, they just checked tires and license etc... They could have drilled me hard if they wanted to. Had a laugh and chat to them and that's it.

If your car is clean, well presented and you behave on the road with a good record you'll be okay. They target more the commos and fords slammed to the floor with no exhausts which I see more often.

Regarding all the young street racers, I don't get many trying to race me mainly cause they know I'd whoop their ass :)

I wasn't doing anything stupid when I got pulled over?

They were unaware of the "USA Style" number plates that Vicroads were offering, so they thought you were dodgy and home made them... That's pretty illegal and a valid assumption to make if you've got no clue about the current state of car licencing in victoria., even though you're the one who's assigned the task of enforcing it.

The car is as stock as stock could be, excluding 17 inch rims the prev owner had which i do not like at all, and one of those weird exhausts that arnt shaped like an oval, more of a oval spread wide, if you get what i mean, its a pretty decent size, but not a cannon. Not sure what the prev owner has done with the exhaust, but its real quite on start up/idle, and quite when below 3000rpm, but once you hit around the 3000rpm mark, the car is very loud. On my prev car, i ended up getting a epa notice in the mail, saying to test my exhaust cause they thought it was too loud, the exhaust is really loud, didnt help that the vtec would engage around the 2800rpm mark, went and done a test, tester reved the car to something like 4250 rpm, idk something around that, the exhaust reading came back as 96db, 90 is the legal limit. What im trying to say is, when the skyline goes above 3000rpm, its not as loud as the 96db exhaust on the other car, but dam it is really close, and its not an exhaust sound you hear, you really hear the engine. The car isnt lowered, its up real high for some weird reason, it is going to get lowered, but only to the legal limit. The whole time i was driving, i was doing about 5km under the limit, wasnt breaking any laws, maybe because the car was clean and not breaking any laws the cops decided to leave me alone? Also i am 20, so thats a big reason id expect to get pulled over lol.

Also i was driving today, was on that road where sandown is and that cemetery. its 80 on that road, and usually there are cars parked on the grass, they usually have speed cameras at the back of the car. So i saw the speed camera car, went down to like 70-75ish, then all of a sudden i start hearing this awesome noise coming from waay behind me, i look in the mirror and see this japanese sports bike miles behind me, within about 2-3 seconds, the noise got louder and much closer to me, i look in the mirror again, and this bike is like literally half a second behind my car, about 0.50 seconds later the guy coming flying past my car, was about 2 inches away from hitting my mirror, so im doing 75 or so, and this guy literally passes me and all the other cars in front of me within a second, then i see the speed camera flash and a undercover cop car took off after him. Cop gave chase for about 3 seconds before realising the bike was loooong goneee. When this bike came flying past me, i shit you not it felt like an earthquake, my whole windows, steering wheel, seat, everything, was shaking like it was having a spasm. Im no expert, but i was going 75, he was gone from sight within a second or 2, im going to have to say, this guy was going atleast 170 in a 80 zone. What do you think he would of copped going almost 3x above the legal speed limit? had a girl in the car to, i dont think ive ever had a girl piss her pants in my car before, she was seriously freaking out as if we were going to have an accident.

^ As long as you don't drive like them... if those sport bike retards are on the road with you, cops won't even look twice at you.

Also, you used to own a Honda, thank god you've moved to an RB instead of a fart box

Well i actually still own the honda lol, ill be selling it very soon though. I actually liked the engine in the honda, i just didnt like the front wheel drive or the whole body. I know honda has vtec, toyota has vvt-i, ford has zetec, what do nissan call there value timing, and do the r33s have it? Im not a honda fan boy or anything, but it honestly did feel awesome when vtec kicked in. When i was driving a friends car years ago, it was a toyota echo, it has vvt-i, this thing was slow as hell, until it i hit a certain amount of rpm, it just felt like this little toyota echo thing with probably 50kw, made it feel like it had around 100kw lol.

All im going to say is, i will never ever own a honda again (unless its that new type r civic coming out with a turbo), cool little engines with a fun sound, but there are so many cars out there that feel better to drive (like a skyline). Honda parts were god awful expensive, i paid something like 400 bucks just for a fuel pump when it needed replacing.

Yeah they are fart box's but, for a little 4 cyl, this thing was pretty quick, quicker then youd expect it, not much slower then the skyline, but still slower.

RB's have VCT, Variable Cam Timing... Here's a little comparison that Trent did, back to back Dyno runs with it turned on and off... Really Really helps with the midrange power, which means less lag and onto boost faster :)

You'll hear a solenoid click on when you go over 1000rpm

1382411_10151620766691813_513311115_n.jp