SAU Community

Stolen White R33 Gts-T - Rego Xkb431

White_33

Hi guys,

My pride and joy was stolen from Glen Waverley sometime today. It's a white R33 GTS-T S2, Rego XKB431. Black FMIC, Canon exhaust and dark gold/brown 18" wheels. Small SAU sticker on the rear window and also on the rear passenger side.

If you see it can you please call the police @ Glen Waverley on 9566 1555.

Thanks for any help.

R33_zps55347eb4.jpg

Edited by White_33

soo many getting stolen.....

there are some ways of stopping stolen cars being driven away with aftermarket ECU's i wont disclose details of such on a public viewed forum.

Unfortunately that wouldn't of helped me, I've been running stock ecu and actuator for a while now but would be interested in the info anyway if you'd pm me?

Check station cameras, but yeah, parking any semi-decent car at the station is asking for it unfortunately.

Dude I need the car to get to and from work. With that mentality, if I decide to drive to work in the CBD and have an accident, then I'd be asking for it to as I'm driving the car in a busy area? Or if I park that car at the shops and it gets stolen am I still asking for it? I need the practicality of a motor vehicle, not to keep in the garage and admire it. Don't mean to come off aggressive mate, I'm just extremely fkd off at the moment. :(

Any real pro won't break in the drive it away anyway... They come and carefully put it on the back of a flatbed, covering it up and take it elsewhere to disable the immobiliser etc.

Unfortunately that wouldn't of helped me, I've been running stock ecu and actuator for a while now but would be interested in the info anyway if you'd pm me?

Dude I need the car to get to and from work. With that mentality, if I decide to drive to work in the CBD and have an accident, then I'd be asking for it to as I'm driving the car in a busy area? Or if I park that car at the shops and it gets stolen am I still asking for it? I need the practicality of a motor vehicle, not to keep in the garage and admire it. Don't mean to come off aggressive mate, I'm just extremely fkd off at the moment. :(

Have a look on the Stolen Imports Australia page on facebook, the amount that get taken from stations is crazy. A train station is also the easiest to target by thief's because they know the owner won't be around at all between 9-5. Free pickings. And nah I had my VL stolen and even though it was a shit-box I was raging, so I know how you'd feel.

If you haven't yet, I'd recommend posting your car on here: https://www.facebook.com/stolenimportsaustralia?ref=br_tf

I have tilt sensors installed, alarm will go off if it's lifted at all.

Even when I let down a tyre while the alarm is on it will go off, so that would help, also causing the immobiliser to kick in.

So even if it's being taken by a flatbed, it's not going to be quiet at all.

But sadly doesn't seem like there is much when they use flatbeds :/

Disabling the car is easy but completely stopping theft - dunno

Some have invested in Alarm/Immobiliser + wheel clamp/s + buddy clubs + GPS tracking + hidden kill switch etc... which is good to deter most all. ( but the serious professionals !)

Alarm/Immobiliser go off with motion so I'm not certain how they get away with flat bed trucks ?

you could have your vehicle micro dotted as well

IED may be over the top but if you could still insure your vehicle ......... :w00t:

They would only try the once !

Even a single shotgun shell in the horn button comes to my mind. Would hate to forget to disable the sprung pin tho :huh:

Fark, that's really sad and depressing to see the amount of imports that get stolen. What can you possibly do to keep your car safe when as Odium said they put it on a flatbed and take it away?

Alarm, and immobiliser (properly installed) will stop most street scum from taking the car. As far as flat beds go, I often leave the steering wheel turned one revolution left or right, so if they want to tow it, they'll have to smash a window first anyway to get it up there (which will do the alarm).

Yep, mine pretty much can't be stolen from work... it's in sight of a dozen people all the time... so if its getting flatbedded, I'm going to be told about it before they've jumped out of the cabin...

Also at home it parks outside, but on the lawn without direct flatbed access... and with the wheel turned (so I can get it up onto the lawn), and i live in a street without through traffic so less chance of it being spotted as a target, plus I've got a nosey neighbour who lives across the road and is always in her front yard feeding birds, washing gorillas, painting penguins, polishing windows and all sorts of other weird shit.

Yep, mine pretty much can't be stolen from work... it's in sight of a dozen people all the time... so if its getting flatbedded, I'm going to be told about it before they've jumped out of the cabin...

Also at home it parks outside, but on the lawn without direct flatbed access... and with the wheel turned (so I can get it up onto the lawn), and i live in a street without through traffic so less chance of it being spotted as a target, plus I've got a nosey neighbour who lives across the road and is always in her front yard feeding birds, washing gorillas, painting penguins, polishing windows and all sorts of other weird shit.

Hey Simon why don't you tell me a little bit more about what I should look out for when I go to steal your car.