SAU Community

Looking At Buying A R33 Series 3 97 Gtr

Before you look at it, check if Import Monster still has their white series 3 for sale - It has likely already sold, but on the off chance it has not, check it out

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/432624-fs-mlb-1997-bcnr33-gt-r-in-white/?hl=%2Bimport+%2Bmonster#entry7056656

I was down at Import Monster two weeks ago. If I didn't already own my Series 3, I would have bought this. It's also the best colour too! :D

Looking at that carsales one, no way it's got 100 xxx kms, more like double, appears the owner must have dropped the 2 to a 1.

Also I wouldn't base the condition of a car on it's KMs, odometers can be tampered, can be replaced etc.. look at steering bushes, toe rods, toe rod ends, subframe bushes, engine mounts, gearbox mounts etc.. to judge a car's age.

Actually just look at the harmonic balancer, if there are cracks in rubber it's got close to 200 xxx kms ..

oh yeah, talk to Piggaz, he knows his GT-Rs inside out and can take his car apart blindfolded lol

remove oil cap, if it more dark gold than light gold, that "could" mean old oil was regularly in the motor

look underneath the back of the car, some imports come from snowy areas of japan thus leading to corrosion of metals

look in and around the front and rear bars, see if all the metal work, sealers etc are genuine nissan

check that it shifts smoothly, special from 4th to 5th, high and low rpm's

get someone to drive behind you for a min of 5 mins, i woulds be worried if theirs ANY white smoke

compression test, minimum 150psi

don't let your excitement speed up the sale, take a mechanic, and panel beater as a minimum

better yet nrma inspection, he will probably find something wrong with it, if its small then you have more bargaining ammo, thus reimbursing the money you paid nrma