SAU Community

R32 fuel mileage?

Not a skyline, but same engine etc. Manual and about 50/50 highway and driving hard/city driving.

And I was getting about 570kms to about 55L so thats about 10.4km/L So not toooo shabby, and thats with exaust, pod, idle too high, and about 11psi, and the extra of the two doors :P . Both Optimax, and Ultimate used.

cerealkilla

say 42L to go 485km would be 8.66L/100km cause...

42 / 4.85 = 8.66

or 30L to go 260km would be 11.54L/100km

30 / 2.60 = 11.54

radical :P

Hi all,

I have just bought an R33 last week. I have been a bit concerned about the fuel consumption. At last estimate I filled about 21 litres and got barely 100km.

Going by all your posts this sounds insane. Is there a reason why It maybe drinking so much? I'd appreciate some feedback. My email is [email protected]

I fill up until I can see the petrol at the top of the snout.

I get around 250km/s to the first half of the tank then by the time the red light starts to come on and off due to the little bit of fuel swishing around it generally has done around 470km's.

For a while there I had fuel consumption drop to just over 400km's to a tank of juice.

I then remembered I hadn't used a bottle of that Nulons Total Fuel System cleaner for around 1year. Slapped a bottle in and over the next 2 tanks I began getting the ol' 470km's to a tank again.

If I drive to my oldies place which is around a 20min drive each way doing 100km/h I will get just over 500km's to a tank. I have never driven the car long distances so I don't know how many kays it would get from constant cruising. All my driving is just out side of the city in 50 & 60km' zones. Lots of short trips of around 10-20km's each.

From day 1 i've tried to keep the fuel system clean by changing fuel filters every 6 months, the Nulon total fuel system cleaner really does appear to keep the fuel economy up there.

The car is a little modded with a 3" turbo back exhaust, 16psi, external Bosh 910 fuel pump. Stock ecu etc.. from the mid range onwards the AFR's do run in to the 10's at WOT.

I'm about to drop another motor in so it should be interesting to see the fuel consumption INCREASE.. :D