SAU Community

Mark Webber Thread

Nizman

It's official M.Webber Williams 05

:( Yeh its official

Anyone remember Webers only FF race at Phillip Island in the rain...the winnign margin was a joke....he smashed the other drivers, and what is it they say about the wet and highlighting a guys ability :)

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just saw on the panel that its offical, they even had a phone interview with Mark. We all sort of knew it was going to happen, but the confirmation has just made my day.

One thing is for sure, if you want to see Mark in a top three team, before the new rules come in, then the 2005 Melbourne Grand Prix is your last chance.

About 3 years ago.  Him and his girlfriend at the time walked away with hardly a scratch, the pilot and copilot not so lucky if my memory serves me right?

yes thats right in France, first thing DC was asked was "let me see your passport" stupid frenchies!!

ARE YOU FOR  REAL????????????????? How big a surprise is that. Surprised that BAR allowed that to happen, just as they started to show some promise!?!?!?!

What pisses me off more than anything, is this is the 2ND time within a year that Dave Richards has gone back on his words.

Halfway thru season 2003 - he finally accepted Honda's proto-type 19000 RPM engine had enough reliability to challenge CONSISTENTLY for podiums, and basically said "Next season we will have the engine to challenge for points, and two great drivers, in JV and JB" .. next second, JV is sacked!

Now he's more or less said the same thing about season 2005 - and gone n sold Button..

Button WAS owned by Frank Williams back in 2001 and was then loaned off (ie still owned by FW) to Renault in 2002.

In 2003 Dave Richards BOUGHT Jenson Button outright, as 2nd driver (behind JV) to BAR HONDA. 2004 and JB was #1 driver.

Perhaps Dave Richards saw $ to be made in selling JB back to Frank Williams. It's no secret that some of the smaller teams do this to raise much needed funds.

Still with Sato behind the wheel he's costing more $ than the R&D money BAR invest in their aerodynamics department. I think probably have new drivers for 05. Maybe Anthony Davidson will be promoted?

BAR Honda is actually one of the richer teams, with D.R owning Prodrive, and the vast $$$s of British America Tobacco propping them up.

TS is useless - yet he is the main reason Honda re-signed as engine supplier for the next 3 years..kinda good publicity to have a Japanese driver in a Jap powered car.

It's 99% confirmed Anthony Davidson will be promoted to #2 driver next season..

Yeah Davidson's been real impressive in Friday sessions. Maybe DR figured he'd do as good a job as JB and let him go cause he's worth more.

Oh, da Matta is gooonnnnne! That's good cause Briscoe is now official test driver as Zonta is promoted to driver for the remainder of 04.