SAU Community

DR30 Brakes .

Hi all , just wondering if there is a simple plan to upgrade DR30RS front brakes . I saw someone hint that Z31/32 and R32/33 calipers bolt up to DR 30 struts but will any of the discs bolt up to the hubs or are mods required . If this is very expensive do the early R32 floating calipers and discs fit ? Are the calipers a wider version of the DR caliper using the same pads ? The car is wearing 16x7 and 16x8 Volks and there is HEAPS of clearence on the std calipers .

Ideally I would like 28mm or thicker discs (I think 22mm is a bit thin) and I want as little unsprung mass as possible . Also I do not want to change the hub/wheel offset as this affects bump steer . Four piston calipers for look value are not my aim here .

With master cylinders , can the DR's 13/16 cyl be bought here (in Sydney) and or is a 1" available and any better (must fit std booster) .

Thanks for a great site A .

No 5 stud rotors will bolt straight on, they need to be redrilled. Not expensive to have done. Not sure whether the 4 pot calipers will bolt straight onto the DR30 hub. Anyone else had experience with this??

I believe DR30's have 100mm mount spacing,which is the same as HR31 and the later 4 pots.I *think* there's something about the HR31 struts/hubs that make the upgrade easier....There's detailed info regarding this in the R30 Skylines thread......