SAU Community

Sard Fuel Pressure Regulator E85 Safe?

• 1 year later...

Just had it pointed out to me that my sard reg probably isn't E85 safe. Anyone had one fail? I can only assume that if a lot of you are using a stock RB reg, that an aftermarket one would have a good chance of withstanding problems from E85..

I put the Sard FPR in. I was a bit worried about it at the time hence why i started this thread. Tbh, I wouldn't worry about it too much, It'll be fine.

Like I said, I've had it running straight E85 for a year, no problem.

• 3 weeks later...

Regs don't flow 'Power', they bypass fuel to hold a certain pressure.

If you can run your desired base fuel pressure with the injectors off and pump running, then the reg has enough flow. Stick a larger pump in, and it might not be large enough...

Sorry don't understand that answer. Bought a Tomei Type L hopefully it's sufficient but still interested in a simpler version of you answer if possible

If your fuel pressure spikes too high you need a larger regulator, it is not dependent on the power your making.

Kind of like the size of a wastegate on a turbo. The more boost your running the smaller the wastegate can be as it is bypassing less air from the turbo to maintain that boost pressure.

Edited by Marcus89