SAU Community

R32/33 Front Diff Swap Into R34 Gtr Sump Diff Casing

Hey guys I have a r33 vspec however the sump I've just extended was from a r34 gtr non vspec. Is it as simple as taking the 34 centre out and swapping it for a 32/33 centre or is there something else I need to look at?

Thanks Ant.

Interesting question....yes in theory all you have to do is swap in the diff centre from the 33.

There was apparently some trouble with fitting the centre into the 34 sump I bought due to clearance to the cover, will be interested to hear how you go.

I could've answered that question but my R34 gtr sump is with Brad from Pro Fab and it doesn't look like I'm getting it back! :(

From all the research I've done, it SHOULD fit.

Part numbers for sump/diff are the same from R32-R34 GTRs.

Edited by Chris32R

Same thing for me, you will not have to mod as you are switching from 34 to 32 pinion and center.

I also had to dremel some clearance into a 32sump to fit my 34 diff components (pinion gear).

• 7 months later...

Gents I'm about to do the same thing where I need to put an R33's diff centre and input spline into an R34 sump / diff housing on my R33 after my sump cracked on me.

So this is straight forward yeah? No clearancing issues that have been mentioned on other forums?

Edited by tommis85