SAU Community

Rb25 Harmonic Balancer

The Ross Metal Jackets have a power steering belt groove? I run one on my RB25, all good so far

If the stock ones weren't so expensive Id say go for one of them, but for a little bit more you can go a Ross balancer

$250? Last time I looked they were more than $400

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/SKYLINE-R33-HARMONIC-BALANCER-RB25DE-RB25DET-OEM-NISSAN-/251430104645?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a8a66ee45&_uhb=1

Yeh bro $220, asking as it handles the power, is there any other major advantages?

just did a search, seems it's like a new-ish problem and the band aid solution is to run another idler off the power steering bracket (seems dodge to me)...

back in the days I never heard any issues with Ross balancers, probably they're surfacing now because people are making more & more power.

When 250kW was heaps, it's crap all now lol...

I myself am chasing 350kW now... :)

I havent had mine dynoed yet, but my tuner thinks over 300rwkw, less than 350. It is a fair range but guessing is hard. I was aiming around 320 and I think it will get that.

The balancer looks fine, the belt is straight and spins nicely, everything looks good? I bought mine at the start of last year

Last time I read the thread, some issues were popping up while ross still owned it, now he has sold the company the issues have been/are being sorted.

If you can get one new for $200, I wouldnt go 2nd hand. I've seen plenty of used ones with cracked rubber. Its just general wear after near 20 years

$200 is cheap for a new OEM one