SAU Community

200, 000Kms Service

HiveFleetAbyss

My car is just over 200,000km but I've done a lot of preventative stuff over the years.

These are the things I would do:

1. normal service (oil, air filter, oil filter, fuel filter)

2. coolant (I use water with low-gylcol "racing" concentrate)

3. thermostat (genuine nissan, not low-temp), and top/bottom radiator hoses if you haven't changed them ever.

4. All belts (timing, water, accessory)

5. Idler bearing, tensioner bearing and retaining bolt. (kit from Kudos)

6. Cam cover gaskets, including screw cushion thingies and half-moons (need automotive silicon - the black stuff) - did mine last week and painted while off.

7. gearbox oil (Redline MT-90)

8. Diff oil (synthetic)

9. Power steering fluid

Things I would pay careful attention to:

10. All water hoses (if you haven't ever changed them) - can use mostly generic Repco hoses (except the 4 behind engine for heater core as they are super twisty) - I have a DIY post on here.

11. Low-pressure power steering lines (if never changed), pretty easy job with generic straight hose sizes (have some here I can measure - and also have a DIY post on here somewhere I think)

FWIW I have an RB25 Gates racing belt here, used for 20 minutes. You can have for $50 - I'm 5 minutes from you - if you are in Brighton.

Edited by simpletool

Wish I had known bout belt sooner. XD got all the above parts already and going non-gylcol racing coolant and I'm a tight arse so I'm only useing water. Coolant flush removes scale so no biggie there. Just brought all my fluid today just got home and after reading this realised I forgot to grab some formagasket -.-

Wish I had known bout belt sooner. XD got all the above parts already and going non-gylcol racing coolant and I'm a tight arse so I'm only useing water. Coolant flush removes scale so no biggie there. Just brought all my fluid today just got home and after reading this realised I forgot to grab some formagasket -.-

Yeah it sucks to get half-way through and realise you forgot something critical. then no wheels to get to supercheap. happens almost every time.