SAU Community

Neo Rb25Det Missing Hose

What? Why would someone get rid of the return line?

First time I've seen that.

Did it run good when your mate bought it? Or only recently started running shit?

Take a photo of the engine for us to see what is going on.

That shows the car has a different fpr so don't expect it to look like stock setup.

I am really amazed how many people buy other people's problems. I suppose the lure of a bargain fast car sucks you in, but the reality is there is a great chance you will be chasing your tail trying to figure out what the previous owner was thinking. Hopefully it is going to be easy to get it running nice, but I don't think you are on the right track at the moment.

^ I'm more amazed at people giving up on simple fixes. What happened to swallowing your pride and getting a mech who knows the type engine to have a look.

Where do you live mate? Someone may be able to point you in the right direction.

• Like 1

I'm on my phone now but when I get home I will put up a diagram from Nissan Fast for you. NEO's have a fuel pressure regulator, and a fuel damper set up. My engine came with no damper which caused a bit of confusion for me at first.

But get some better pics if the engine and fuel rail and put them up.

^ I'm more amazed at people giving up on simple fixes. What happened to swallowing your pride and getting a mech who knows the type engine to have a look.

Where do you live mate? Someone may be able to point you in the right direction.

That's assuming it is just a simple fix.

Looks aftermarket. Will need some better photos to give some proper advice. Cant be fuel reg missing a hose or there would be fuel everywhere. I wonder if the reg has been adjusted properly?

As mentioned before neo has a dampner along with the regulator.

The car wouldn't run if the fuel wasn't returning to tank. The pressure would be sky high.

Fuel needs to go into the rail then to the regulater then back to the tank, which you can't tell from the photos. The dampers aren't required.

Did this car ever run right? When did the problem start?

the car runs fine, except for the ocasional stalling, difficulty starting. if you rev it up, and let the revs drop back down, they just go straight to 0 and it stalls. was only wondering if there was meant to be a hose shown in the pic.

I'm gonna say its your idle air valve. Put your head near the brake booster on the car and look at the engine. On the back of the intake plenum there is a thing bolted to it with 3 coolant/vacuum lines running to it. You should be able to see a Phillips head screw in there. Adjust that counterclockwise (I think) and that should fix all your problems. I know I had the same symptoms and it fixed mine straight away.