SAU Community

another power to weight (sorry)

ApacheX

R33 won't be listed down as a hi-po car at Vic Roads. Only OZ delivered cars. so R32 GTR will be there.

I thought R33's were 187kw at the fly and 1360kg kerb weight?

Did the po po tell you, you were 6kw's over? And show some figures etc?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

put a metal plate over the air intake with 19 10mm holes drilled in it...

Yes it goes off factory power rating for the R33 GTS25t, you cant light put lead in the back of your car or anything to weigh it down and you can't detune it.

i had my car detuned for 1.5 years and nothing happened to me... if the car is under the power to weight they really cant do anything to you,... prove it on the dyno with the plate in and there is really nothing they can do to u...

125kw per tonne is the rule,.. if your under that your fine.

that or sell it and buy a modified R32 GTST thats off its tits seeing as thats below the 125/ton limit in STOCK form :)

damn sorry to hear about that raz,

i was at knox last month with kong and pettet pulled me over searched and stuff as well. i got threatened that my car was illegal for a p-plater, but he let us go, coz we were being nice. as far as i knew 32's were okay, but i asked him and apparently not anymore... not sure how but he didn't manage to find anything to epa me for... phew...

R33 won't be listed down as a hi-po car at Vic Roads. Only OZ delivered cars. so R32 GTR will be there.

they had some big huge scary black book which they took out when they pulled me over about power to weight. when i saw the book i thought i was gone... but i'm guessing it has all the specs they need, and as long as the officer thinks your in the bad, he can fine you. hate how the system works...

yeah, just lay a hot sh*t on his face. i saw him follow me in from burwood highway... apparently knows his stuff about cars... but he interogatted me and my friend in a dc2r about having nos. im pretty sure its obvious if the car has nos.

hey raz, did he let you drive home after he busted you? coz apparently sometimes they don't...

well he doesnt know much about the R32 GTST then because theyre 124.03kw or thereabouts so next time he pulls u over and threatens u like that coco tell him its under by .969kw and he needs to work out his math a little better and **** off back to pigville.... well dont quite tell him like that :D

thats actually a very conservative figure seeing as the weight from factory is actually a lot lighter than the car really is (1290kgs) the car would be more likely to be in the low to mid 1300s

I'll give you the tip boys it goes off factory specs. You could unbolt your turbo, get a 5mm exhaust and run the car offJohnny Walker and they would still say it is illegal.

Not to make you scared or anything but driving a restricicted car is a court going offence. (I checked with the legal dept at my work today)

yeah he showd me his big book of cars and stuff, did the stuff infront of me. my car is 1398kg's and puttin out 184kw, which makes it 131kw/tonne, 6kw over. pain in da arse man

hey raz, did he let you drive home after he busted you? coz apparently sometimes they don't...

yeah he let me drive away, which i was happy about. technically they not supposed to though. he didn't really tell me when i had to stop driving, he kinda hinted to me just not to drive in knox heh. how come they didn't say anythin bout your engine when u got pulled over? coz he told me the r32's wid rb25's are illegal, the legal ones are the rb20's

put a metal plate over the air intake with 19 10mm holes drilled in it...

i had my car detuned for 1.5 years and nothing happened to me... if the car is under the power to weight they really cant do anything to you,... prove it on the dyno with the plate in and there is really nothing they can do to u...

125kw per tonne is the rule,.. if your under that your fine.

which brings me back to my origional question, will they accecpt a dyno sheet or somethin?

Not to make you scared or anything but driving a restricicted car is a court going offence. (I checked with the legal dept at my work today)

yer only if they feel u are doing it to rebel against the law though right?

R32s never came with an RB25DET so there are no specs from factory on an R32 RB25DET and going by the laws as stated so far its onlt FACTORY so he is fine.

by the sounds of things u got a warning not a "U HAVE TO STOP DRIVING THIS CAR"

until u get that one... keep driving it.

yeah i know wat u are sayin, but they check the engine and stuff

like when i got pulled, i had to open my bonnet and all that stuff. true if i put a gtr engine in my gtst its still a gtst....but when he looks at a rb26 he is gonna know its a rb26 and not a 25 heh